Win Eden Buffer 20Sec to play stream videos on local ftp server
Local FTP server,192.168.1.1, play a small video(400MB) will buffer like 15Secs,which is much longer than to play HD videos from internet server?(typically buffer 2,3seconds)

After the buffering ,everything seems smooth but that waiting is so unnecessary.
Sounds like something o your network is slow, not XBMC.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-03-29, 17:10)pseudo7 Wrote: Sounds like something o your network is slow, not XBMC.
It has nothing to do with the network. It doesn't make sense that I could play 1080p streaming videos from other server (from internet) but need to buffer 20 secs to play a 360p video clip from the local ftp server 8 meters away.

Only Eden does that , 10.1 works fine.
Can you try another protocol (SMB or NFS)?
(2012-03-29, 17:52)Sureguy Wrote: Can you try another protocol (SMB or NFS)?

It's a portable harddrive plug into a router, which only supporting FTP? I guess.
How quick is log to the FTP server from another PC? Ensure you're accessing it with the same credentials as XBMC is using. If you're connecting to it using a hostname, try using IP instead.
(2012-03-29, 18:35)Sureguy Wrote: How quick is log to the FTP server from another PC? Ensure you're accessing it with the same credentials as XBMC is using. If you're connecting to it using a hostname, try using IP instead.
log in takes little time and I am using the IP(ftp://[email protected]:21/)exactly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Buffer 20Sec to play stream videos on local ftp server0