OS X Since upgrading to Eden Final HD Audio problems.
Hi guys, I was using the Eden beta and everything was working great, but it looks like now that I've upgraded - my HD files that have HD audio encoded don't seem to output properly.

I am using a Mac Mini, with a creative x-fi usb for sound. From there I'm using an optical cable to connect to my receiver.

I notice when I go to audio settings, it has Analog set, and the other options are HDMI, but I'm looking to send the audio using my Creative XFI to the receiver. Files with 2 channel audio seem to work fine, but when I throw on a movie, or something with actual surround sound encoded, it's like I lose the front speaker. the satellites work, but the voice from any character is muffled otherwise not audible,

Using VLC, I have to select the audio device and then boom I get the HD audio.. but for some reason, now since the upgrade I've had a bit of trouble.

Anyone else have this experience and know how to fix it?
go to midi setup in osx and setup your speaker configuration... if that doesn't work please post a xbmc.log with debugging turned on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think I'm having the same problem.

my conf:

windows 7 64bits
XBMC 11
SB Audigy 2 NX USB

I know this is the Macos section, but the problem appear to be the same.

I start the movie and after few minutes the central speaker (the voice one) start stutters. Then if I seek back the audio is alright. But it only lasts minutes and it start stutter again.

To me it's like a buffer that gets filled and gets empty when I seek back.

Everything works fine if I use Analog output or if I play 2.0 movies

this is my log
http://www.4shared.com/file/dABT4lzQ/xbmc.html
Thank you. I am now able to hear the Audio - but the problem is it still doesn't recognize the audio as HD, only playing 2 channel.. Is there any way to let the encoding from the file output properly? I have a 5.1 receiver, and VLC plays my audio codec's correct..
XBMC doesn't have HD audio support yet (though it will ID movies that have HD audio in the GUI). The feature was going to go in in v11, but just wasn't ready in time. Keep an eye out for the nightly test builds which will start up soon, as they will soon include the HD audio code.
Not for osx ned...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-04-10, 11:44)Memphiz Wrote: Not for osx ned...

What are we paying you for?!

oh wait, no one is being paid...
for making fun on irc and finding reasons for not doing what the users want Smile
(2012-04-10, 11:44)Memphiz Wrote: Not for osx ned...

... Is this because of missing libraries?

Sad
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Its the lack of information about the osx audio api. A osx dev with hd-audio hardware would have to try and error if this is even possible with apples api.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since upgrading to Eden Final HD Audio problems.0