[RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site
Feature Request:
uploads:
xbmc.log
/scripts/upd_hist/build_info
/var/log/syslog

all together...
@sphere
Any chance of making a Frodo version that uses xbmc.translatePath('special://logpath/') ?
I have a semi patched one if you'd like
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn: Yes, I already have the needed changes in my local branch. I will update the Add-on in the next few days.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Done, PR open.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Got script failed because of socket timeout.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28845
At end of the log.
Got a small suggestion (not sure if it's possible without some huge work).
Could it be possible to add some logic to obscure password/username and server names/ip addresses in the logfile?

You should probably do an entire read of the logfile and do a replace of most common used combinations.
Don't know how much time / cpu this takes.
This should be no performance issue. Can you tell a few patterns or example lines which should be obscured?
Feel free to open an issue for that on my github project.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
The xbmclogs.com site will be offline for some essential maintenance. Sorry for the short notice!

ETA is 4hours - will update when back online.
Site is back online again, will be limited down time again sometime next week when site is migrated to new host.
Hi,

If you don't mind me saying, "Always skip xbmc.old.log (log from previous run)" is a confusing label, because of phrasing and the fact that most users don't know what xbmc.old.log is.
Why not reverse the condition and have a plain "Send previous session log", assuming users expect their current log to be sent?
(2013-02-17, 09:37)Koying Wrote: Hi,

If you don't mind me saying, "Always skip xbmc.old.log (log from previous run)" is a confusing label, because of phrasing and the fact that most users don't know what xbmc.old.log is.
Why not reverse the condition and have a plain "Send previous session log", assuming users expect their current log to be sent?

This setting is default True. So Users who don't know what this setting means should not change it Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-02-17, 13:17)sphere Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 09:37)Koying Wrote: If you don't mind me saying, "Always skip xbmc.old.log (log from previous run)" is a confusing label, because of phrasing and the fact that most users don't know what xbmc.old.log is.
This setting is default True. So Users who don't know what this setting means should not change it Wink
Yeah, well, fact is I was confused into thinking that actually meant "Send previous log" Wink
Actually, the french translation did. Besides the orthographic mistake (should be "passer", the verb), "passé" both means "skip" and "give".

So, if I uncheck this, I will be asked which one to send?
If you uncheck this setting, you will be asked one more question: "Do you want to upload xbmc.log.old?" (in addition to all other files).

If you can improve the translation, feel free to do that on transifex Smile
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Translation updated.
xbmcLogs.com is migrating to a new server. Old data will NOT be migrated to the new server. Old debug logs will only be available from the old site. To access content on the old site visit old.xbmclogs.com or to just change your URL to old.xbmclogs.com

i.e from http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1012 to http://old.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1012

Old content will be availble at the old site until April 2013.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site1