[Guide] Upgrade XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) installation into Eden
Before I found this guide I tried to upgrade but selected "Y" at step 9. Can someone please tell me what effect this would have had? Should I continue with the guide?
FYI - This Guide is Outdated and will not work for the latest version of XBMC!

Follow my new guide instead:
Upgrade XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) installation into Frodo
And FYI the compile instructions are incomplete and outdated you dont need any ppas least of all libraries that are equally outdated., what you actually need to compile is in my sig... Does same job Wink
uNi

(2013-01-04, 18:36)uNiversal Wrote: And FYI the compile instructions are incomplete and outdated you dont need any ppas least of all libraries that are equally outdated., what you actually need to compile is in my sig... Does same job Wink
uNi

Tried your ambiguous (really nice) XBMC installation script for the Ubuntu Minimal CD, only to find it not working on my box. Received GTK errors and a non working X-server afterwards. So I made it in the QD-way, upgrading the Dharma Live CD installation. And it worked like a charm.
Btw: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is still getting updates.
see your other thread :/ Thats not my work my work is 2nd link from top what you talking about is4th link from the top which I dont even know the guy that does that work you claim doesnt work, because your doing something wrong no doubt, your getting confused. for sure!

The point here is My work works and is uptodate you should have a look how its done properly and update you how-tos at least.

Unless you think your work is perfect using a ppa that hasnt had any more updates and is using 1 year old packages if thats ok then great.

Im on 12.04 LTS with pretty much same hw as you and all works. in half the instructions size.

Enjoy your corner.... Drop me a note if you need some help.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Guide] Upgrade XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) installation into Eden3