Linux XBMC restarts on every file
Since this evening I having the problem that XBMC Buntu on my Asrock ION 330 is restarting after I enter any file.
First time I wanted to watch a .avi file, but then I tried a ISO and gave me the same results.

i made a log file, that can be find here:
XBMC 11 log

After I did this I tried to listen to some mp3's and they give me the same problem.A white cross and XBMC restart,

So I went in to PROGRAMS, and the enter XBMC Audio Mixer, and nothing comes up Confused

it looks like all my sound settings are gone?

Do I need to re install XBMC or can I just restart my mixer some other way (if that is the problem)
Hi,
I am experimenting the same identical issue; the xbmc.log and its relative crash log seems to be ok.
Debug logs needed - also don't upload logs to sites where you can't just view them.

Alternatively use the Debug Log Uploader to upload it for you.
This is the same issue we are all having in this thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126485
It looks like that.I also opened Audio Mixer.Didn't change anything here.
But it looks like that just opening this mixer gave me this problem.

I did a re-installation and now everything runs OK.
1. Did you do a clean install?
2. Have you rebooted yet to see if the Play/Crash issue is still there?

I ended up doing a clean install of Eden RC-3 and all is working well.
A clean install works well until you do not change some setting in Audio Mixer plug-in; your installation will be broken.

For now: DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS IN AUDIO MIXER PLUG-IN!
@cank: Like I said, I did a clean install aready, and everything is working fine.
When problem was ther I did verything I could. Restart, login on other profile (kids have their profile), but that did not solve the problem.

Strange thing is that I did not change ANY audio setting.

The only thing I did was starting the audio mixer plug-in, inside programs. When I enter the mixer I just scroll down to see what it was, and the leave whitout touching anything.
Apperently that was enought to broke XBMC,

Very strange.
I too had the very same problem, so I setup my sound as I wanted it in the audio settings,then I renamed my .asoundrc file to .oldasoundrc , rebooted and the .asoundrc file was recreated, and all is working now.
Confirm what hasselhof wrote.

This is my XBMC Crash Log

http://pastebin.com/nbRBt6RT

I noticed this:

/home/xbmc/.asoundrc may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it\nALSA lib conf

and my fix has been:

Code:
cd /home/xbmc
cp .asoundrc .asoundrc_bck
rm .asoundrc
sudo reboot

My system works well now.
Thanks.I will keep this in mind if it happends again.

I knew for sure that my ALSA lib was corrupted or missing, but had no idea how to get it back.
... tanks for your help, but i had done that and it stops to crahs but now i had no sound at all...

... i tried a lot of sound possibilities with no success.

... and it hangs when i turn it off from the ubuntu (it works when turn it off from the xbmc application).

... any help??
(2012-04-02, 20:55)silvate99 Wrote: ... tanks for your help, but i had done that and it stops to crahs but now i had no sound at all...

... i tried a lot of sound possibilities with no success.

... and it hangs when i turn it off from the ubuntu (it works when turn it off from the xbmc application).

... any help??

Ok, now please post the results of the following commands:
Code:
aplay -l
Code:
cat /etc/asound.conf
Code:
tail /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
Code:
ll /usr/share/alsa/cards | grep HDA-Intel
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34