Zotac HD-ID11-U with XBMCubuntu Eden (audio issues)
I recently installed Eden on my HD-ID11-U and for the most part I am very happy. Things that were always painful for me in the past (like working audio on older Youtube videos, sound in NES emulators and menu clicks) are all working correctly now.

However, I seem to have fairly regular issues with audio dropping out just for a quick second. It will typically happen once or twice during a 30 minute HD TV show. Is anyone else seeing this?

To get everything to the state where I am now, I did the following.

In /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf I changed the following line to this:
Code:
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

In my .asoundrc file in my xbmc user's home directory, I have the following:
Code:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 6
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
ttable.0.4 1.0
ttable.1.5 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
slaves.c {
pcm "analog"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
bindings.4.slave c
bindings.4.channel 0
bindings.5.slave c
bindings.5.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 1
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

pcm.analog {
type hw
card 0
device 0
channels 2
}

I created the file default.pa in /etc/pulse and it's contents are:
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,3

I get audio working in the mednafen emulator, I had to edit my mednafen.cfg file and change the following:
Code:
;Select sound output device.
sound.device sexyal-literal-default

If anyone else is running XBMC Eden on this box and not having any issues with audio glitches, please let me know so we can compare configs. Thanks much![/code]
(2012-03-29, 22:42)volumen1 Wrote: If anyone else is running XBMC Eden on this box and not having any issues with audio glitches, please let me know so we can compare configs. Thanks much!

I'm running the same unit as you volumen1, but for the moment I'm having struggle to get pass the init phase (it freezes during boot, "Checking battery state"...). So for the moment I cannot compare the settings, but once I get it to work properly again I can post my configs.

But so far, I haven't noticed any problems with the audio. Have seen a dozen of episodes in varying quality (SD/HD), and so far still good (exept for the bootup problem). On the other hand, I haven't changed any files on the unit as you have done, just used the settings provided by the "Audio Output" settings section, so there are perhaps not so much to compare between our units?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac HD-ID11-U with XBMCubuntu Eden (audio issues)0