Zotac IR Receiver Drivers
Just getting a new Zotac AD04 (e450 APU) set up with Vista 64 Ultimate and the USB IR receiver that came with the AD04 isn't recognized by Windows. Tried repeatedly to install the drivers from the Zotac website (ITECIR.zip), but it ends up with a cryptic error suggesting I reboot and try again.

Has anyone had any success with this IR receiver & drivers?

I am wondering whether I should just plug in my old MCE IR receiver and go with that.
well till u get the issue sorted out, do that,
but, at this point, best to contact ZOTAC and ask them,,,

good luck
(2012-03-29, 23:39)xbmcsnapper Wrote: Just getting a new Zotac AD04 (e450 APU) set up with Vista 64 Ultimate and the USB IR receiver that came with the AD04 isn't recognized by Windows. Tried repeatedly to install the drivers from the Zotac website (ITECIR.zip), but it ends up with a cryptic error suggesting I reboot and try again.

Has anyone had any success with this IR receiver & drivers?

I am wondering whether I should just plug in my old MCE IR receiver and go with that.

Hi there

I encountered the same problem with the remote supplier with my Zotac AD04 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits)
In the end I managed to get it to work. Here's how:

1. Go to the Windows device manager
2. plug in your usb received
3. Look under "Human Interfaces Devices", you should see one or more "HID-compliant consumer control device"
4. right-click on the "HID-compliant consumer control device" windows just added
5. go to the Driver tab
6. click on update driver
7. from there browse the Zotac driver CD to find the driver (found it under Utility\Software\ITECIR Driver\INFDrv\64OS)
8. file is itecir.inf
9. Windows will then ask to to choose which device to install, I picked the ITECIR Infrared Receiver
10. Windows will then load the drivers and a new device called "Microsoft eHome infrared transmiter" will show in your device manager list.

My understanding is the "MS eHome" stuff is compatible with XBMC and should now work.
Hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac IR Receiver Drivers0