Linux X server and twinview
I am running under Ubuntu 12.04, with a NVS 4200M card installed in my Dell 6420 laptop. The resolution of my laptop screen is 1600x900 and my TV (connected via HDMI) is 1360x768. Is it possible to A.) Start XBMC on the TV monitor automatically when I start the app; B.) and have it start in Full Screen mode? If the full screen mode is no something that can be done, then with the resolution that i listed earlier, what should be the corrected positioning (absolute vs. RIght of) and what should be proper offset for the TV monitor (which is the secondary screen)?

Thanks for any pointers!
To do what you wan't you need to use seperate X screens. Then follow this guide.

Jerry
(2012-05-08, 15:07)jawilljr Wrote: To do what you wan't you need to use seperate X screens. Then follow this guide.

Jerry

I actually tried to use that method, but I have never been able to get it working. It am able to get XBMC on the second screen, but I never get control of the mouse. I have tried various things to get it running and no go. I tried to switch back to twinview, but now that is no longer working. If I try to open XBMC is only shows on the laptop and I can't get it over to the TV. Prior to this adventure, I didn't have a menu strip (or what ever it is called under unity.), now it on both the laptop as well as the TV monitor. If I try to start XBMC under the TV menu, it still start XBMC on the laptop.

So I will sit here and bang my head a little more!!!

*** UPDATE: Was able to get past the issues previously listed by removing /etc/X11/xorg.conf, rebooting and then re-configuring nvidia to running under TwinView. Still no success with separate X servers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X server and twinview0