Build is up and running - What now?
Brick 
Looked around, didn't find anything similar to this post. Mod's please move this if this isn't in the right forum. TIA.

Here is my current build:
Case: Silverstone GD01S
Mobo: Asrock A75 Pro4
Processor: AMD A8 3850
Ram: 8GB HyperX 1600 (may downgrade to 4GB - 2 x 2GB)
HD: Patriot TorqX 64GB

Display:
Panasonic P60ST30

Future plans:
Add BD R/Rom
Add Remote (probably Harmony)
Add Small Unraid/WHS2011 server (probably HP N40L)
Add Onkyo NR609

I've had XBMC installed and running smoothly for about a week. I have Sab, SB, CP, HPall tuned up and working right, too.

I've used XBMC on my laptop before and tinkered around with it quite a bit in the past. Now that I have a full fledged build, I want to know what else I can do to take it to the next level.

Recommendations for system tweaks or preferences?

Recommendations for codecs to install?

Recommendations for add-ons for video, music, pictures, etc?

Well you have very nice Onkyo NR609 and AMD A8-3850...you should be able to do just anything you want with it. If you want to enjoy HD audio, you can configure it to bitstream with this- HDAudio + Eden RC2

If you want to enjoy blu-ray disc menus, chapters, extras, etc....you can setup TMT5 or PDVD10 for XBMC external player with this....Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
well if you have an SSD, u can follow my optimization recommendations...

XBMC has its own codecs, no need...

i liked ICEFILM addon but since megaupload has been brought down, it not working very well,,,
I completed all steps for the SSD optimization.

I will check out Icefilms.

Does it make sense to do the HD audio + Eden thing without the receiver yet?

Anything else worth recommending?
I'm kinda partial to 1Channel =)

Head over to xbmchub.com and let us hook you up.

@eskro, that's not really true anymore. It was there for a while, but improvements have been made
(2012-03-30, 03:13)eskro Wrote: well if you have an SSD, u can follow my optimization recommendations...

XBMC has its own codecs, no need...

i liked ICEFILM addon but since megaupload has been brought down, it not working very well,,,

Tell me about it. I found out about Icefilm just a few days ago. Been trying to get it working, but it just won't work. Has the meta data etc all fine. It loads the Seasons, episodes, but when I get to play the video, it says error in communicating with Icefilm. So annoying. Now waiting for help.
(2012-03-30, 07:41)jdwoods Wrote: Does it make sense to do the HD audio + Eden thing without the receiver yet?
Yes, you can. After you installed HD audio AVR, you'll have full HD audio options.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
FYI, keep in mind that we can't discuss those addons here. It's against the piracy policy
Cinema Experience Add On!
WE ALL WE GOT
(2012-03-30, 18:40)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: FYI, keep in mind that we can't discuss those addons here. It's against the piracy policy

very true http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87703

sorry,
Other than mention of that certain add on "IF", I believe this thread is okay.

Anyway, this thread is less about that than about what to do to "take a regular xbmc install to the next level".
And what will be the best method / software to remote into the htpc with a Mac?
And second how to log straight into xbmc with windows loading all other stuff except client for remote software?
Have you played with the web interface for XBMC?
What is it exactly that you want to do from your Mac?

Regarding, startup, login - I would make a separate account in Windows that only loads XBMC and set that account to log in automatically. check here for how to do it: http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/coolstuff...er-Account
(2012-03-31, 00:35)jdwoods Wrote: Other than mention of that certain add on "IF", I believe this thread is okay.

Anyway, this thread is less about that than about what to do to "take a regular xbmc install to the next level".

Yeah, I just wanted to make that said before anyone gets over zealous...

The "Best" remote software is going to depend greatly on what you want to remote in for. If you just want to be able to admin remotely, ssh and the web interface will do fine. If you plan to use sabnzbd and etc, check out Maraschino to remote admin all the different "acquisition" programs as well
If you want to access and play your media remotely, you'll want to check out ORB
(2012-03-31, 01:21)jdwoods Wrote: Have you played with the web interface for XBMC?
What is it exactly that you want to do from your Mac?

Regarding, startup, login - I would make a separate account in Windows that only loads XBMC and set that account to log in automatically. check here for how to do it: http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/coolstuff...er-Account
Ok, i am building 2 htpc's both with Windows 7. One of them is for my folks; who live at a distance. Both will be setup in living room environment; hence, no computer type of settings/environment.
I would like to have full control of both htpc using my Mac computer from local network or www; so i can make changes, updates, fix stuff etc. I will check out the guide for xbmc to auto log on without bunch of windows stuff loading except client software for remote software....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build is up and running - What now?0