Build is up and running - What now?
1. Setup a profile on their machine that launches xbmc as a shell as above
2. Patch Windows 7 to allow concurrent user sessions: http://www.missingremote.com/guide/how-e...pack-1-rtm
3. Setup an admin profile for yourself that logs in normally
4. Enable RDP
5. Setup VPN

This is the setup I use. XBMC doesn't work well remotely, but it'll do in a pinch and most of the stuff you'll have to do remotely will be outside xbmc anyway.
Got it. thanks (i'll play around with it once got the xbmc setup, will client vpn and RDP be enabled on the xbmc profile, as well?)

Ok, Since, this seems like the perfect thread on what to do after building xbmc. What will be most common steps i should follow for both HTPC's;?
My HTPC has the i3 2125 and SSD, was going to get AMD but received a coupon for Microcenter and picked up the i3 2125 for $103.00; since Microcenter has i3 2125 for $119, always.
Both will be strictly for XBMC and living room environment and will be connected to denon receiver with 7.1 and from Denon to TV?

1. Built HTPC
2. Install Windows 7
3. Optimize Windows ( any guide which i can follow - link please)
3. Install VPN (any other software i should install?)
3. Install XBMC ( which version i should install that has HD Audio support - link please? )
4. Configure XBMC (any guide - link i should follow)
5. Third party mush have software (youtube, netfilx)
6. Perfect professional Skins I should get?
7. Setup a proflie to launch XBMC.

Any help with this?
RDP and VPN are system wide, as long as you have a username and password setup on the system, you might as well be sitting in front of the thing (albeit with a little worse graphics and audio capability lol)
(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 3. Optimize Windows ( any guide which i can follow - link please)
Customizing Windows for XBMC

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 3. Install XBMC ( which version i should install that has HD Audio support - link please? )
HDAudio + Eden RC2

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 4. Configure XBMC (any guide - link i should follow)
See my screen shot below---

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 7. Setup a proflie to launch XBMC.
Any help with this?
See the first #3....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
so, do i install the xbmc v11 and than install the HDAudio + Eden RC2? and how about AudioEngine + Eden Beta 3 (is that something different)?
i think there's supposed to be a Patch that u can apply to your XBMC installation,
without the need to re-install everything so to speak,,,
i'll try to relocate it,,

EDIT BY ME:
-----------
sorry, i asked DDDamien and he confirmed u need to reInstall XBMC from scratch...
check for latest XBMC HD-Audio packages here https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads
I've made a number of these adjustments detailed here.

Question - Should I set the video output to be to 1080p/24? I am have a choppy/jittery playback issue with those settings. How do I set that properly?

Also, regarding drivers for the A8-3850, where do I find the updates for the drivers? AMD's site is ridiculous.

Thanks.
(2012-04-01, 22:53)eskro Wrote: i think there's supposed to be a Patch that u can apply to your XBMC installation,
without the need to re-install everything so to speak,,,
i'll try to relocate it,,

EDIT BY ME:
-----------
sorry, i asked DDDamien and he confirmed u need to reInstall XBMC from scratch...
check for latest XBMC HD-Audio packages here https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads
Ok, so just install the "XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip — HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final" package. which will include xbmc 11.0 (eden) and HD audio including DTS support. And that will be all, no need to install any other updates to Eden 11.0 for HD audio or DTS 7.1 support. thanks Mac

right, that installer is all u need.
(2012-03-31, 23:48)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 3. Optimize Windows ( any guide which i can follow - link please)
Customizing Windows for XBMC

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 3. Install XBMC ( which version i should install that has HD Audio support - link please? )
HDAudio + Eden RC2

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 4. Configure XBMC (any guide - link i should follow)
See my screen shot below---

(2012-03-31, 18:02)wildzx Wrote: 7. Setup a proflie to launch XBMC.
Any help with this?
See the first #3....

Do i need also to follow your guide "XBMC in 1080P w/ DTS-HD/TrueHD audio" thread; after installing Eden 11.0 + HD Audio? Or any other codecs i need to install. I have no bluray drive, yet (looking to find a cheap one, if it comes across)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build is up and running - What now?0