• 2(current)
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)
(2012-04-05, 23:28)jingai Wrote: Amra, the download links for Glass, Leather, and Silk appear to be broken. mediafire comes back with the "trying to repair" response. The other two download links work fine.

-j
That's odd, I just tried them & they appear fine. Must have been a temporary hiccup by Mediafire. If you're still having problems, let me know.

(2012-04-05, 23:12)jingai Wrote: Stoli, I see the Leather theme is selectable, but isn't actually in the repository on github. I'm going to go ahead and add it, but if you're already aware or did this intentionally, just ignore/close the pull request regarding it.
I noticed last week that when I tried to select "Leather" or "Glass" themes in the SVN skin that they weren't working properly.

I'm still learning things everyday so I apologize if I'm wrong but could it be that the theme xbt files (Leather.xbt & Glass.xbt, for example) are being included inside the textures.xbt file when they should be separated?

(2012-04-05, 23:49)Amra Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 23:28)jingai Wrote: Amra, the download links for Glass, Leather, and Silk appear to be broken. mediafire comes back with the "trying to repair" response. The other two download links work fine.

-j
That's odd, I just tried them & they appear fine. Must have been a temporary hiccup by Mediafire. If you're still having problems, let me know.

It's working now. Sorry for the noise. (in my defense, I did try the Leather link a couple dozen times with the same error lol)

-j
Amra, would you like me to go ahead and submit pull requests for the other 3 themes? Stoli can obviously just close the requests if he doesn't want to include them.

I've fixed the Leather theme in the repository, btw. The xbt file was garbage (it was an HTML error page).

-j
(2012-04-05, 23:49)Amra Wrote: I'm still learning things everyday so I apologize if I'm wrong but could it be that the theme xbt files (Leather.xbt & Glass.xbt, for example) are being included inside the textures.xbt file when they should be separated?

No, it was just that Leather.xbt was an invalid file (it was an HTML error page iirc). I've corrected it on my fork, just have to wait for Stoli to pull it.

I've got branches for your other three themes too, so if you want me to submit pull requests, just let me know. I've obviously credited you in the commits.

-j
(2012-04-06, 00:57)jingai Wrote: I've got branches for your other three themes too, so if you want me to submit pull requests, just let me know. I've obviously credited you in the commits.
Thanks, appreciate it. Wink

(2012-04-06, 02:37)Amra Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 00:57)jingai Wrote: I've got branches for your other three themes too, so if you want me to submit pull requests, just let me know. I've obviously credited you in the commits.
Thanks, appreciate it. :Wink

No problem Smile

-j
Just a sneak peek at a Steampunk theme I am currently working on for Metropolis. This one will take a lot longer to do than the previous themes as I plan on replacing all the frames, icons, buttons, etc. I want it to be a full makeover & look really special when I'm done. Note that I haven't begun to play with the text coloring yet so what you see here may change.

Btw, the Setting screen images are by an Artist named Björn Hurri. He did a cool series of Steampunk Star Wars images.

Nice work. I'm back on track now and will hopefully get these updates and all of the others that have been done.
-stoli-
hi are these being added directly into the skin

the reason i ask is i am using a openelec version of xbmc and not sure how to add these themes to the skin

also can i make a request for a style perhaps a movie theatre themed one with the theatre red colour like on theatre seats i think you can get an idea of the colour i am talking about from the confluence skins

also to add to the theme some sort of movie ticket implementation whether it is to replace the watched icon or simply as a border around menu titles

not sure if possible or might work but could be interesting
(2012-04-10, 19:03)protocol77 Wrote: hi are these being added directly into the skin

the reason i ask is i am using a openelec version of xbmc and not sure how to add these themes to the skin
Yes, I believe they are being added to the skin repository but that hasn't been done yet. stoli has been busy but indicated a few posts above that he hoped to get to it soon.

(2012-04-10, 19:03)protocol77 Wrote: also can i make a request for a style perhaps a movie theatre themed one with the theatre red colour like on theatre seats i think you can get an idea of the colour i am talking about from the confluence skins

also to add to the theme some sort of movie ticket implementation whether it is to replace the watched icon or simply as a border around menu titles

not sure if possible or might work but could be interesting
I think I know what you are requesting and i can certainly play around with it after I am done with the Steampunk theme I'm working on. That one is turning out quite nice and will probably become my personal theme of choice when done. Big Grin

(2012-04-10, 19:03)protocol77 Wrote: hi are these being added directly into the skin

They have been added to Git and to the Passion Repository. If you want to be cutting edge, use the Passion Repository as the Official Repo will only be updated once a quarter or so.

Thanks,

-stoli-
@stoli

I just updated the Metropolis (GIT) skin and see that the 5 additional themes have been added in the "skin.metropolis.svn\themes" folder. However, when I am in the Appearance settings screen I get the 6 Color choices but only 1 "Theme" to choose from. Choosing one of the different Colors only changes just that, the color. None of the background graphics are changed. Is this happening for you or jingai?

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not as I am not used to this way of setting up additional themes. In the past I have always just included a theme.xbt file (named the same as the color.xml file) in the media folder along with the default textures.xbt as per the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ski...kin_Themes

I am using OpenELEC 2.0 beta 1 but I can't imagine that they would have changed the basic functionality of additional skin themes. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
(2012-04-12, 15:13)Amra Wrote: I just updated the Metropolis (GIT) skin and see that the 5 additional themes have been added in the "skin.metropolis.svn\themes" folder. However, when I am in the Appearance settings screen I get the 6 Color choices but only 1 "Theme" to choose from. Choosing one of the different Colors only changes just that, the color. None of the background graphics are changed. Is this happening for you or jingai?

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not as I am not used to this way of setting up additional themes. In the past I have always just included a theme.xbt file (named the same as the color.xml file) in the media folder along with the default textures.xbt as per the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ski...kin_Themes

The default textures.xbt is definitely missing. Not sure what's going on there, but I don't even see it in the git log. However, the other theme xbt files (Glass.xbt, Grey.xbt, Leather.xbt, Mosaic Purple.xbt, and Silk.xbt) are all present in the media folder on my fork, my local clones, and in stoli's github repository.

I just checked the archive in the official XBMC repository and Textures.xbt is there. I'll add it to git.

-j

edit: Textures.xbt has been pushed into the settings branch. There's already a pull request out on it.
(2012-04-12, 16:54)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 15:13)Amra Wrote: I just updated the Metropolis (GIT) skin and see that the 5 additional themes have been added in the "skin.metropolis.svn\themes" folder. However, when I am in the Appearance settings screen I get the 6 Color choices but only 1 "Theme" to choose from. Choosing one of the different Colors only changes just that, the color. None of the background graphics are changed. Is this happening for you or jingai?

The default textures.xbt is definitely missing. Not sure what's going on there, but I don't even see it in the git log. However, the other theme xbt files (Glass.xbt, Grey.xbt, Leather.xbt, Mosaic Purple.xbt, and Silk.xbt) are all present in the media folder on my fork, my local clones, and in stoli's github repository.

I just checked the archive in the official XBMC repository and Textures.xbt is there. I'll add it to git.

-j

edit: Textures.xbt has been pushed into the settings branch. There's already a pull request out on it.

This is where things get a little confusing...

The items in the \themes folder are used by the build bot to generate the .xbt files and have to be there for the official repo. That said, the \themes folders are not used by XBMC directly and are not necessary at the end user level. To make matters worse, if there are any .xbt files in the media folder when I request an update to the official repo, it gets rejected. This is why there is no textures.xbt file by default and I will reject jingai's pull request. Smile

As jingai said, you should have the theme.xbt files in the \media folder -- are they not there after your update?

Regards,
-stoli-
(2012-04-12, 19:15)stoli Wrote: This is where things get a little confusing...

The items in the \themes folder are used by the build bot to generate the .xbt files and have to be there for the official repo. That said, the \themes folders are not used by XBMC directly and are not necessary at the end user level. To make matters worse, if there are any .xbt files in the media folder when I request an update to the official repo, it gets rejected. This is why there is no textures.xbt file by default and I will reject jingai's pull request. Smile

Ah, I understand. Did not realize it worked this way.

You may not have noticed, but the xbt files for the other themes are in the media folder (I put them there, before you explained how this works).

It might be worth adding that to .gitignore too so it doesn't happen again Smile

I reverted that commit and repushed the branch. The pull request is OK to go now.

-j
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)2