• 3(current)
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)
(2012-04-12, 19:32)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 19:15)stoli Wrote: This is where things get a little confusing...

The items in the \themes folder are used by the build bot to generate the .xbt files and have to be there for the official repo. That said, the \themes folders are not used by XBMC directly and are not necessary at the end user level. To make matters worse, if there are any .xbt files in the media folder when I request an update to the official repo, it gets rejected. This is why there is no textures.xbt file by default and I will reject jingai's pull request. Smile

Ah, I understand. Did not realize it worked this way.

You may not have noticed, but the xbt files for the other themes are in the media folder (I put them there, before you explained how this works).

It might be worth adding that to .gitignore too so it doesn't happen again Smile

I reverted that commit and repushed the branch. The pull request is OK to go now.

-j

They should be in the media folder...and are in both my local and on Git. To be sure, I pushed them again.
-stoli-
(2012-04-12, 19:15)stoli Wrote: As jingai said, you should have the theme.xbt files in the \media folder -- are they not there after your update?

Regards,

After doing the update this morning the only thing in the skin/metropolis.svn\media folder was textures.xbt, no other xbt files were included. I will check for a new update to see if they are there. Thanks.
(2012-04-12, 21:17)Amra Wrote: After doing the update this morning the only thing in the skin/metropolis.svn\media folder was textures.xbt, no other xbt files were included. I will check for a new update to see if they are there. Thanks.

I just checked the latest available archive on passion-repo.org and they're not there. Stoli will figure it out I'm sure Smile

-j
(2012-04-12, 21:21)jingai Wrote: Stoli will figure it out I'm sure Smile

-j
Oh, I know he will. I was just letting him know so that maybe the info will help.

BTW, if it would make it any easier for you & stoli, and to keep the update sizes down, do you just want to offer all the themes as an optional download from this thread? I can always make one big zip with all the themes included as well as offering them individually.

The Steampunk theme I am currently working on will probably measure in at 20 MB due to all the graphics changes and I'm sure once things get a little more finalized with the skin, others will start doing some themes of their own just like they used to for Alaska. There will probably come a point where the size of the files becomes an issue & just too much to automatically include. Just something to consider.
(2012-04-12, 22:20)Amra Wrote: BTW, if it would make it any easier for you & stoli, and to keep the update sizes down, do you just want to offer all the themes as an optional download from this thread? I can always make one big zip with all the themes included as well as offering them individually.

My vote is personally to keep them in. My rationale is that a lot of folks (probably most) either don't ever visit the forums or simply don't even know they exist. I don't think they should be left out.

Additionally, the official release is only going to be released quarterly or so according to Stoli. 100-200MB every 4 months just seems insignificant these days.

But obviously that's just MHO.

Amra Wrote:There will probably come a point where the size of the files becomes an issue & just too much to automatically include. Just something to consider.

That may happen, but IMHO it'd be better to take a wait-and-see approach. At this point we have no idea how many themes will be submitted.

If your Steampunk theme does weigh in at 20MB, that puts the archive at 120MB at the moment. Most other skins I've found are around that as well.

-j
Okay. Cool.
(2012-04-12, 21:21)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 21:17)Amra Wrote: After doing the update this morning the only thing in the skin/metropolis.svn\media folder was textures.xbt, no other xbt files were included. I will check for a new update to see if they are there. Thanks.

I just checked the latest available archive on passion-repo.org and they're not there. Stoli will figure it out I'm sure Smile

-j

It has to do with the build bot the creates the texture files. I've sent ppic an email to try and get it straightened out.

Regards,
-stoli-
Here is the "Steampunk" theme that I have been working on.

Please note that the background image has changed from when I posted the first teaser (too many brownish themes). This has a steampunk feel but is not completely or overwhelmingly so. I think Ronie & Black's "Paper Street" skin will be a very nice and thorough steampunk skin if it is ever finished (hopefully some day). This theme is a little bigger than my prior themes as it includes new icons, frames, and even some new Settings menu images by Björn Hurri (see below) that I thought were just too cool not to include. Major credits to him for the images.

I'm not a fan of SteamPunk, but damn that is beautiful Amra. Nice work!
(2012-04-18, 23:43)Aenima99x Wrote: I'm not a fan of SteamPunk, but damn that is beautiful Amra. Nice work!
Thanks, it took a lot longer than the other themes. I didn't post any images of them above due to forum limitations but there are all new icons (replacing the holograms) too that I think fit the theme nicely.
This SteamPunk theme is now my favorite. I do like it a lot Smile
These themes are really lovely :-)
Good News - ppic has straightened out the issue with the Passion Repository and the themes, so anyone who has installed from there should be getting proper updates shortly.

@Amra - is there a link somewhere to get the Steam punk theme?

-stoli-
(2012-04-23, 17:22)stoli Wrote: Good News - ppic has straightened out the issue with the Passion Repository and the themes, so anyone who has installed from there should be getting proper updates shortly.

@Amra - is there a link somewhere to get the Steam punk theme?
Cool & first post as usual.
Who on earth would look at the first post? lol. All themes have been added/updated and should appear in tonight's pull from the Passion Repo. I'm also requesting a pull from the official repo with all the fixes everyone has provided.

Thanks for everyone's help!
-stoli-
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)2