• 4(current)
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)
Why were the .xbt's removed from github? Just did a clean download and now the themes aren't working, have to manually grab them from the first post.
They mess up the pull requests to the official repo. Once it gets pulled in the next day or two I will put them back. Sorry about that.

You can also download them from here: https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/downloads

-stoli-
(2012-04-23, 22:29)stoli Wrote: They mess up the pull requests to the official repo. Once it gets pulled in the next day or two I will put them back. Sorry about that.

You can technically put them back now if you wish, because they're going to pull from whatever commit you gave them, which won't include the files.

But, a better way to go about this would be to create a branch, probably named "1.1.0" (or whatever version it is), then delete the files and make a commit to that branch. Then request a pull from the new commit. This way people pulling from master won't have to deal with the files going missing.

It also leaves a convenient branch to check out past release versions whenever you want. Of course, you could also use tags instead and drop the branch once they actually pull it, but branches are cheap in git so there isn't really any harm in keeping them around.

-j
Yeah, and that would also entail figuring out what the hell I am actually doing in git. Smile I'll work on it.

-stoli-
(2012-04-23, 22:50)stoli Wrote: Yeah, and that would also entail figuring out what the hell I am actually doing in git. Smile I'll work on it.

Oh, basically, it's this. First checkout the commit from which you want to pull (if it's not the latest). Then:

% git checkout -b 1.1.0
% git rm media/*.xbt
% git commit -m "Removing XBT files for repo pull"
% git push origin 1.1.0:1.1.0

Then to get back to normal on your local clone:

% git checkout master

Post to the mailing list that you want a pull from the "Removing XBT files for repo pull" commit (the hash).

After it's pulled, you can either leave the branch there on github (which I'd recommend for reasons stated above) or you can delete it with:

% git push origin :1.1.0

And to delete your local copy of the branch:

% git branch -D 1.1.0

Obviously replace all instances of "1.1.0" with the appropriate version.

-j
Themes are now in the XBMC Official Repo as well as the Passion Repo.
-stoli-
(2012-04-26, 17:03)stoli Wrote: Themes are now in the XBMC Official Repo as well as the Passion Repo.

Themes work perfectly now!
Thank you
Each of the themes have a different color "overlay" which gives the background fanart a dull colored appearance. Is there a change I can make to get rid of this and give the fanart the clear bright appearance?
(2012-07-19, 22:51)gcdlz Wrote: Each of the themes have a different color "overlay" which gives the background fanart a dull colored appearance. Is there a change I can make to get rid of this and give the fanart the clear bright appearance?

Each theme has a corresponding color xml located in the colors dir (skin.metropolis/colors/). To change the fanartdiffuse to clear, look for the entry <color name="FanartDiffuse">32FFFFFF</color> and change to <color name="FanartDiffuse">FFFFFFFF</color>. This example is for the default theme (defaults.xml) but the rest of the themes use the same principal. Some of the text could be a bit hard to read with no diffuse so I would experiment using dirrerent values (eg 'AAFFFFFF') untill your happy. Wink

I should explain the hex ARGB format, the first two hex values are the Alpha then Red,Green,Blue.

00 = Lowest Value FF = Highest Value

(2012-07-20, 01:15)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 22:51)gcdlz Wrote: Each of the themes have a different color "overlay" which gives the background fanart a dull colored appearance. Is there a change I can make to get rid of this and give the fanart the clear bright appearance?

Each theme has a corresponding color xml located in the colors dir (skin.metropolis/colors/). To change the fanartdiffuse to clear, look for the entry <color name="FanartDiffuse">32FFFFFF</color> and change to <color name="FanartDiffuse">FFFFFFFF</color>. This example is for the default theme (defaults.xml) but the rest of the themes use the same principal. Some of the text could be a bit hard to read with no diffuse so I would experiment using dirrerent values (eg 'AAFFFFFF') untill your happy. Wink

I should explain the hex ARGB format, the first two hex values are the Alpha then Red,Green,Blue.

00 = Lowest Value FF = Highest Value
Thanks so much, just what I needed. Also the information about the level of diffuse was very helpful.

Although I haven't actually created a new theme for Metropolis, I have been playing around with a hacked version of the skin I've been calling Metrocity.

Looks nice. You should turn it into a theme Smile
I think I will start working on a theme for Metropolis, but it'll look pretty different from that.
(2012-08-27, 14:07)DProudmoore Wrote: I think I will start working on a theme for Metropolis, but it'll look pretty different from that.

If there are features of this fork you like, you can always submit feature requests for the official skin. We'll listen to any ideas.
I've added most of the major changes of my fork as feature requests in the github repo issues. I didn't submit the change to the info screen buttons (Play/Trailers as text, removal of buttons like get fanart and refresh that allow someone to modify the view without having to access a context menu), because it seemed like a purely personal preference rather than something I thought others might find useful.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)2