• 8(current)
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)
(2014-02-11, 16:08)jingai Wrote: @sfontes, your changes have been merged in. Thanks again for the excellent work!

You're welcome. I really like the esthetics of the Metropolis skin. I really like the Transparency skin too, it's simple looking, but includes a whole bunch of bells and whistles. I've modded my copy of Metropolis to support extra fanart, and a few other things I really liked in Transparency. But those changes are tightly coupled to where I store things in my file system. Sometime I may try to get them more generic so they can be used by others.

There is one mistake (at least that I've noticed so far) in what I checked in.

In MyWeather.xml line1596:

<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Hourly.2.Temperature)]</label>

should be

<label>$INFO[Window.Property(Hourly.8.Temperature)]</label>

I cut and pasted from the first 6 hours, and missed changing that 2 to an 8.

You should fix that, or the temp for hour 8 will always be the same as the temp for hour 2.
i decided i had to give gotham and the extended weather version of metropolis a try.
all is working smooth and stable so far.
but no extended weather.

here is what i tried:
• gotham latest nightly.
• downloaded the latest master from stoli/metropolis - no go.
• then tried the files from smfontes/metropolis as indicated by sfontes - also no go.
this is on osx 10.8

i tried finding the extended options from with in (weather) via the left/right as well as the contactual menu and the info, no luck.
so any ideas what am i doing wrong?

thank you for taking the time to read and help.
mxlance, check that you pulled the correct branch (extendedweather branch from sfontes, not master), and they turn on in the skin's settings.

Edited:
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
master from stoli/metropolis has it merged in. He just needs to enable it in the skin settings (under Scripts/Extras iirc).
skin settings was all i needed. thanks never thought to look there but i probably should have.
this is nice to have. although the small type is really small on my old sdtv. may try playing with the size on some of it.

can not say thank you enough.
The font sizes are what they are to make everything fit. You're welcome to increase them, but you'll probably run into issues with the text not fitting properly.
got that.
it was by no means a criticism.
i have not had much luck trying to understand what you skinners are doing. i think by comparing the original xml files to the files sfontes made i may have better luck connecting the dots in my head. this is just a learning exercise on my part.
i hope one day to be able to contribute to the effort.

thanks again
Been playing around with some things. Ill put the files here once Im done
Doing a light and dark version

i am lost trying to use texturepacker mac.
would you prefer i ask in skin development or may i ask here?
i have spent two days, read everything i could find on texturepacker and using terminal.
yes this is my first time really using terminal also.

hope i am not being a big pain in the ...
thank you
Try asking in skin development. I'd walk you through it but I am really busy with some personal issues at the moment.
no problem thank you.

and as it happens i just got it to work. i can't believe it.
as so as i give up and ask for help than i figure out what i was doing wrong.

good luck with the personal issues.

thanks for the reply
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Themes (post your new themes here)2