No version of XBMC will work on my new laptop
I've put so much into trying to get this to work that I'm at my wits end. I've installed XBMC successfully on a variety of computers, but no version (Dharma or Eden) will work on my new Laptop:

Logfile from Eden:
http://pastebin.com/BD07R9CD

It's a Asus GX74,
Windows 7,
64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Intel i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
will fully up to date drivers for everything

Fully fresh XBMC installs. Old versions fully purged.

[Running Dharma]:
Total crash - nothing happens at all. xbmc.exe hangs. pulling up Task Manager takes about 30 seconds, will eventually appear, but not respond. Hard Reset of machine required as machine freezes after maybe a minute of instability.
Tried all variations of compatibility modes and ran as Administrator

A couple of times I did succeed in getting it running by launching the program from a command prompt rather than double clicking the exe, but usually trying to run from command prompt leads to a crash. No rhyme or reason.

Installed the Vista drivers for video card as another thread said that would help. Drivers installed, no effect - still crashed.

I could never get a logfile for Dharma because it always crashed without writing one. Eden at least solved that:

[Running Eden]:
Welcome screen loads, but nothing ever happens. Machine is hanging, Task Manager will not respond. Hard reset required.

It's driving me crazy that I have this beast of a machine that simply wont run any version of XBMC, whilst my crapola Dell HTPC works fine with a Pentium 4!!!

Please please someone tell me what to do with this!
Thanks!
Tried running XBMC with the -p parameter - still no luck
It generates a Debug Log. Use it to figure out what's wrong. If there's not much info, check the link as you can add some stuff to advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to get more logging out.

If the splash gets up in Eden, then it sounds like everything is fine graphics-wise, so probably some other problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-30, 08:35)jmarshall Wrote: It generates a debug log. Use it to figure out what's wrong.

Thank you for your reply, but I did this in the original post:

(2012-03-30, 07:24)xbmcably Wrote: Logfile from Eden:
http://pastebin.com/BD07R9CD

This is a full debug log with Logging level 1
Not much there in log. Shouldn't make any difference, but can you try installing to c:\program files (x86)\XBMC instead of to the root directory?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-30, 18:07)DDDamian Wrote: Not much there in log. Shouldn't make any difference, but can you try installing to c:\program files (x86)\XBMC instead of to the root directory?

Tried that originally - same failure.

I intentionally installed it outside of the x86 default folder to ensure that Win 7 UAC isn't causing trouble. I have UAC disabled, and run xbmc as Administrator, but being outside of the program folder guarantees no UAC issues.
There were similar symptoms reported on some HP laptops. I think these turned out to be due to the Intel storage driver.

The last entry in your log file is coming from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...er.cpp#L58. I followed the next few steps after this with the debugger, but I can't see anything especially likely to cause a crash. To get any further we'd need to build a custom version of XBMC with extra debugging.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No version of XBMC will work on my new laptop0