Creating folder in filezilla denied help
Hi iv just setup Filezilla to ftp into my XBMC Live eden box, and it will access the directories but im trying to create a folder movies under:

/media/storage

and im getting refused any ideas.

Thanks.
Sounds like you don't have permissions to write to that folder with the user you are connecting as.
SSH into your XBMC box. If you are on Windows, use PuTTy for SSH. Once logged in, to change permissions on the folder and all of it's contents do:

Code:
sudo chmod 777 -R /media/storage

or whatever the actual path is to the folder you want to set permissions on.

hope this helps.

-hogfan
(2012-03-30, 11:02)Hybridtech Wrote: Hi iv just setup Filezilla to ftp into my XBMC Live eden box, and it will access the directories but im trying to create a folder movies under:

/media/storage

and im getting refused any ideas.

Thanks.

I have the same problem...
At install, i set UN=xbmc and PW=xbmc
I login with Filezilla and i can see folders, copy files from xbmc-pc, BUT i can't rename, overwrite or change permissions...
I log with Putty but:

Last login: Sun Apr 1 19:11:18 2012 from 192.168.1.11
xbmc@ASRockION:~$ sudo chmod 777 -R /ect/lirc
[sudo] password for xbmc:
chmod: cannot access `/ect/lirc': No such file or directory

If i try DIR:

Last login: Sun Apr 1 19:29:05 2012 from 192.168.1.11
xbmc@ASRockION:~$ dir
Movies Music Pictures TV\ Shows xbmc_crashlog-20120331_215133.log
xbmc@ASRockION:~$

I want ONLY modify 3 files for use old XBOX DVD remote control (no problem with older versions of XBMC)

Bye!
Quote: `/ect/lirc'
should be
Quote:/etc/lirc
(2012-04-02, 08:29)cowfodder Wrote:
Quote: `/ect/lirc'
should be
Quote:/etc/lirc

:-$

Ok, i try this.. But why i haven't permissionsHuh

Bye!
Because that directory isn't available, normally, for users to write to, only root can write to most, if not all of the things under /etc. Since Ubuntu, by default, has no "root" as a user, you need to elevate privileges whenever you need something for root to do. You cannot elevate privileges with filezilla, it logs in as the user you specify. Since user "xbmc" does not have the default priviliges to perform the tasks you need it to do, you need to change the priviliges on the directory first.

That's why you don't have permissions.
(2012-04-02, 17:29)pumkinut Wrote: Because that directory isn't available, normally, for users to write to, only root can write to most, if not all of the things under /etc. Since Ubuntu, by default, has no "root" as a user, you need to elevate privileges whenever you need something for root to do. You cannot elevate privileges with filezilla, it logs in as the user you specify. Since user "xbmc" does not have the default priviliges to perform the tasks you need it to do, you need to change the priviliges on the directory first.

That's why you don't have permissions.

Ok!

Now I can rename, overwrite ecc... (very good!)
I have modified (copy to PC, edit with EDITPADLITE a compatible unix editor):
lircd.conf
hardware.conf
blacklist.conf

(see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_for_USB)

Set directory permissions to 777 (to set new files..)
But not work..

Any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating folder in filezilla denied help0