Japanese Lanaguage Strings translation
if you guys can get japanese fonts in there i could have a crack at a quick japanese translation for you, my japanese aint perfect but it would be a start :p probably be a bit of a cbfed thing with the fonts though
using japanese and other languages is possible with the newer builds 9-11 and newer. however need to copy the arialunicode font from you windows machine to the xbmc directory but need to rename to arial.ttf. do a search for a better explaination.

i will make a japanese lanaguage strings file as soon as i get my lazy ass motivated...knowing someone else is interested i will go ahead and try this weekend...there is a japanese strings.xml file included in the newer builds, but is so bad, can definately tell it was done with machine transaltion.
Hi, I have the newest and revised Japanese strings of the following files:
  • addons/skin.confluence/language/Japanese/strings.xml
  • language/Japanese/strings.xml
to best match the 11.0 Eden's strings as possible.

I've read "Attention ALL translators" thread that describes the new system to use the new gettext PO format.
But so far I'm writing this to let you know here's a person who would like to contribute the updated Japanese strings to replace the one in the Eden source tarball (that has not been well maintained for a while).

Cheers, Kohji
hi, feel free to submit the update for eden. eden bug fix releases can include it, and those won't ever get the new system.
Hi spiff-san,

I tried to log in the trac (to post the patch against the most recent git source) using this forum username/password in vain - maybe I need to wait for a while until the account information to get synced between the trac and the forum? Or do I misunderstand something?

Kohji
Feel free to submit here. Or at pastebin.com.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-03-29, 17:45)alanwww1 Wrote: Feel free to submit here. Or at pastebin.com.

Okay, this time I put the diff at my own server:

http://microgroove.jp/tmp/xbmc-11.0-Japa...rings.diff

Code:
<!--Translator: kohji405mi16-->
<!--Email: Twitter: @kohji405mi16-->
<!--Date of translation: 03/29/2012-->

Kohji
Thanks !

I'll take care of it.

Cheers !
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hi alanwww1-san,

As you might already notice, I found my silly typo in the patch... the line 1983 (string id 21451) ended with <string>, not with </string> ... my silly mistake. I already updated the patch and it works fine. sorry for the inconvenience.
(2012-03-30, 02:42)kohji405mi16 Wrote: Hi alanwww1-san,

As you might already notice, I found my silly typo in the patch... the line 1983 (string id 21451) ended with <string>, not with </string> ... my silly mistake. I already updated the patch and it works fine. sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem.
Commited here and backported to the Eden branch for a bugfix release:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/81fa...dff17450a4

Thanks, cheers !
Thanks alanwww1-san,

I'll keep it updated and will let you know again when it's ready, until I will have the right to commit directly to the git tree someday!

Kohji
Hi, here's a quick followup: forgot to fix the comment lines (date of translation, translator who are currently responsible for the translation) etc.
A patch against the newest git tree:

http://microgroove.jp/tmp/xbmc-11.0-Japa...rings.diff

Kohji
Commited here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/fe2a...9cd0b7f9e8

Cheers !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Japanese Lanaguage Strings translation1