Win Adjust display refresh rate to match video problem
Hi, first of all I'd like to thank the developers for this great piece of software. Recently I've upgraded to Eden and this release is great! I really enjoy using XBMC!

The reason I'm opening up this thread is because of a minor issue but for me it would be great to get it working. I'm having a problem with video playback when I enable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video". When this option is enabled I get a blank screen on my plasma tv after selecting a movie to play. The tv is reporting that it isn't getting any signal.

Back in the dharma stone age with old Intel drivers this function was working normally. When playing 24hz content my tv switched back to 24hz mode. Back to XBMC it switched nicely to 60hz (windows default). But it seems this isn't working anymore. I'd like to get 24hz output because of the 24hz content.

Is this a XBMC bug? Intel driver issue? Windows problem? I'm not really sure. I rolled back to old Intel drivers but this didn't resolve the problem. So now I'm using XBMC without the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option.

I'm able to switch the output under windows to 24hz by using the Intel graphics software and getting a normal output to my plasma tv. So that 24hz option is working.

Any suggestions to get this back to work?

Specs:
Intel Core i3 2100T
Asus P8H67-I
4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD
Samsung PS50C7000 plasma series tv
A display mode or refresh rate is being set that the TV doesn't display.

Take a look at the xbmc.log file in your profile directory (%APPDATA%\XBMC\ ) with a text editor and look for where the video name you started up. It will say what resolution and refresh rate is being set. I'd recommend starting XMBC, testing with just one file, then exiting -- makes the file shorter and easier to browse through.

You will likekly have to play with the video settings in XBMC. Stuff like adjust refresh rate to match, and that.
My TV certainly supports the 24hz mode. Anyways, I played around with the Intel Graphics software and added some custom resolutions. There is an advanced mode within this application from Intel where you can enter some custom resolutions and other options like the refresh rate. I've added 1920x1080 @ 24hz, enabled the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC and now it will play all video files at the correct framerate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust display refresh rate to match video problem0