Linux [Resolved] XBMC hangs when switching back to main menu
Hi,

i've recently updated my Gentoo Linux System to XBMC Eden final and AeonMQ3 2.0.0.

Since then i got the following issue: I'm using Playlists which match to the path of the different Movies / Videos to get my Movies more structured and linked different custom VPlaylist Home Menu Buttons to this playlists. When i now use the "Exit" Key to switch back from inside such a playlist to the home menu, XBMC freezes randomly (sometimes it works without any issue, sometimes it just hangs). The last entry in the debug log is "Killing Window...", after that nothing happens anymore.

I tried this also with Confluence (but playlists not included in he main menu, just Video -> Playlists) and there it works without any issue. So maybe it could be a bug in Aeon? Anybody who has experiened the same behaviour?

I'd like to keep AeonMQ3 as my XBMC skin Tongue Any hints?

Thank you in advance...bye Louis
Do you have dirty regions turned on? Other peeps have reported the same issue when dirty region is turned on, i myself experienced it as well so turned it off again.
(2012-03-30, 18:48)RavenNL Wrote: Do you have dirty regions turned on? Other peeps have reported the same issue when dirty region is turned on, i myself experienced it as well so turned it off again.

You're my hero mate...that did the trick Blush

May that be a bug inside XBMC or in the skin?!

Btw...i don't realize any performance differences between dirty regions switched on and off anyway...

Cheers Louis
Glad it worked Smile

I believe it's a bug in the skin.
Hi Guys,

where is the option for dirty regions, using window xbmc and getting the same problem

thanks
it is not there by default....if you haven't created an advancedsettings.xml and added it then you don't have it set
WE ALL WE GOT
(2012-04-01, 01:53)bigdog66 Wrote: it is not there by default....if you haven't created an advancedsettings.xml and added it then you don't have it set

Thanks
this is a big problem....considering the amount of freezing i was seeing
but if it for sure is an issue in MQ3 then i can't use it
having the cpu pegging away on my litlle revo 1600 isn't good so i may be off to aeon nox
plus i have a couple machines i support for friends and i can't have constant lockups

maybe marcos can fix this or i dont have a choice but to switch to something else
WE ALL WE GOT
I did not really use any ADVANCED settings for dirty region but still am getting this problem any solutions? Is dirty region turned on by default oon XBMC AEON MQ3?
I can confirm that this is an issue with the skin. It also only seems to happen to me when I quit back out from the TV Shows menu (movies seems to be fine). It's not a game-breaker, but I'd really like this to be fixed.

@ khizaraq
I don't think that dirty regions are enabled by default yet.
BUMP

Disabling dirty regions is not a good solution.
Strange, i have this in windows too when going back to main menu from moviewall, posting debug log tomorrow
(2012-08-22, 19:20)hams1000 Wrote: BUMP

Disabling dirty regions is not a good solution.

Well if it only happens with MQ3 and not with Aeon Nox for example the problem is definitely in the skin somehow.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-22, 22:23)Skank Wrote: Strange, i have this in windows too when going back to main menu from moviewall, posting debug log tomorrow
Do you have dirty regions enabled in advancedsettings.xml? If so, try disabling it. This problem and its workaround are OS-agnostic.

(2012-06-07, 01:42)Tomkun Wrote: I can confirm that this is an issue with the skin. It also only seems to happen to me when I quit back out from the TV Shows menu (movies seems to be fine). It's not a game-breaker, but I'd really like this to be fixed.

@ khizaraq
I don't think that dirty regions are enabled by default yet.

same problem here. dirty regions are on.
problem occurs randomly in tv shows section when switching back to main menu.

I will disable dirty regions and check again. thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Resolved] XBMC hangs when switching back to main menu0