Win Exclude certain movies from collection
Brick 
Hi All,

I have all my movies imported and set up nicely under the movies tab on the homescreen. My problem is that I have a lot of old Disney movies in there that I want to keep as part of my collection, but simply want them placed in it's own area, away from all the other DVDs.

Is there a way to do this where I don't have to physically move my Disney movie files out of C:\Movies?

Ideally I would like to have a subsection under movies when you press down, saying Disney, and only the disney moves are in there, but obviously not have them in my main collection?

I did read a little about the advance settings and exclude form scan but don't 100% know how to do that? :S

I'm running Eden, with Aeon MQ3 on Windows 7.

Thank you
1. If they're in a separate folder on disk, then simply don't scan that folder, or specify the folder is excluded by setting content on it to "None".

2. If they're not in a separate folder, then separate them and see 1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My point was, is there a way of doing this without having to have them in a separate folder, as I put originally?
Anyone?
You don't want them in a "Disney" set? The set would appear in your list of movies and contain all those you put in that set.
How do I put them in a 'Set'? I have collections set up, but that's different right? A set as you describe would be fine really, as long as they are not sitting amongst the other movies.

Cheers
Not really - you could alter their 'Genre' field and add something like 'Disney_hide' then create a smart playlist omitting this genre. Then link the playlist to the movie menu shortcut.
Info on sets...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_set

I use sets in a number of ways... I've used them to consolidate a franchise into one entry on my list of movies, to group different version of he same movie into one entry (normal and 3D for example), and even by theme (Holiday movies).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude certain movies from collection0