20 seconds repeat
If I watch a movie and don't understand something I would like to hit a button and the last 10/20 or 30 seconds would be repeat.

thanks!
what about just setting your skip steps (wiki) to whatever value you want and pressing left ?
your query could be interpreted in different ways.
The first, as stated above, works great and is even more customizable in 15.x

You might mean repeating a selected part of a stream again and again until you interfere.
I liked this function in the past (older players have it). You press a button for start and again for the end of the clip and it would endlessly play that part. Lots of fun Nod Haven't discovered it in Kodi, though.
Can't say i miss it...
No offense but this is stupid and should be closed. He's basically asking for a rewind button which is the most basic feature there is on any video player.

If you have a mouse just use the wheel, if you have a keyboard use the arrows, if you have a remote that should be self explanatory.
What I think he specifically wants is 'SmallStepBack' which would jump back 7 seconds, perfect for 'what'd they sayHuh' moments, and it was seemingly removed with v15 when skip steps were implemented. However you can manually create it, you can make a custom key mapping that just makes the video jump back X amount of seconds.

Ah, here's the instructions: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Adding_..._to_keymap
no need for smallStepBack, or do 3 seconds more (10 sec skip step vs 7 sec small step) make such a big difference?
(2015-10-14, 19:45)da-anda Wrote: no need for smallStepBack, or do 3 seconds more (10 sec skip step vs 7 sec small step) make such a big difference?

In my case I like having a dedicated button for the SmallStepBack, it also means not waiting a moment for for Skip Steps to realize I'm not going to hit back again. It was a function I liked and to suit my preferences I readded it by having back space jump back seven seconds. I also set skip steps to only do 30s and not wait, thus re-creating how Kodi worked prior to skip steps. Personal preference is all.
No need for any custom entry, it's part of the default keymap.

See Line 284 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml
Although I just realised I forgot to mention that on the wiki page, so will update it to clearly show the replacement for smallstepback is included in the default keymap.
(2015-10-14, 23:30)jjd-uk Wrote: No need for any custom entry, it's part of the default keymap.

See Line 284 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml

Probably something about my existing configuration when I upgraded from 14 to 15 on windows, but doing so turned my backspace mapped smallstepback into another stepback key, which is why I just did it custom.
if you have a custom keymap that maps the "smallsteback" action, then yes, that won't work as before as we try to get rid of the extra logic for this action and mapped it internally to the skip steps. The default keymap however has been adjusted to make use of a new, more generic custom skip size approach, which will also jump back 7 sec. So you would have to adjust your custom keymap accordingly and would still be able to use more skip steps for regular skipping if desired

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20 seconds repeat0