Read the metadata tags from video container files and import into database / library?
One day someone will be encouraged and will do! Big Grin
And that person will be my hero
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
Lightbulb 
Would love to see the music video library being able to read MP4 tags (artist, title, artist) in the same way as the music library reads MP3 tags already today.

Thanks for your help!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
do musicvideo come with tags?
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:do musicvideo come with tags?

MP4 can have tags. So as long as I rely on MP4 for music videos, this allows me to tag them that ITunes can pick up. If XBMC could pick them up as well, this would be terrific!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Any hope for the musicvideo fans among us? Given MP3-tag-reading is implemented for music, I would hope it is fairly easy to introduce MP4-tag-reading for musicvideos?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Test the music tag reader we already have. Rename one to a .m4a and/or add .mp4 to the music extensions if it's not already and see if the tags show up under music. If so, quite a bit of the work is already done.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Test the music tag reader we already have. Rename one to a .m4a and/or add .mp4 to the music extensions if it's not already and see if the tags show up under music. If so, quite a bit of the work is already done.

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. Let me see whether I understand you correctly: you want me to scan my musicvideos as "music" (trying mp4- or m4a-extension). And if this works out, it would be easy for coders to also implement this for the musicvideo library?

Thanks for your help!
Yup. Note that it'll be easier, not necessarily easy Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Test the music tag reader we already have. Rename one to a .m4a and/or add .mp4 to the music extensions if it's not already and see if the tags show up under music. If so, quite a bit of the work is already done.

Yup, after renaming the "MP4" to "M4A", the music scraper picks it up in the music library properly. Any hope for adding this feature for musicvideos and add "mp4".
Great, that means our tag readers work. I'll certainly be incorporating this in the new scanning engine I'm working on.

jmarshall Wrote:Great, that means our tag readers work. I'll certainly be incorporating this in the new scanning engine I'm working on.

Sounds great. Shall I start renaming my mp4-files or will you also start supporting them? Do you have a ETA for the new scanning engine? Any chance for a quick-fix before this? I have 100+videos and without this function, they are basically unusable...
No, don't rename them unless you're happy with that solution temporarily (just adding mp4 to music extensions might be a quicker "fix"?)

Unfortunately it's unlikely that a quick fix will go in from me at least - I'm pretty busy working on getting Dharma finished up and getting the new scanning engine in shape. I'm happy to offer some pointers should someone else wish to take it on in the meantime - I think it would be a nice little project for someone wishing to give it a crack - shouldn't be too taxing with any luck (basically check extension, if mp4 load the m4a tag reader, then switch the musictag to a videotag).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Is there a way to manually add music videos to the library in the same way you can for movies?
Call me an idiot, but how do we add mp4 to the music extensions in xbmc? Is there an interface button in xbmc or is it a line of python code that has to be edited, and where?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read the metadata tags from video container files and import into database / library?1