Changing fanart issue
Hello guys,
with the recent update of Eden 11.0, I encountered a tiny problem. When selecting a different fanart, XBMC still shows the previous one. To see the new one I have to a) restart XBMC b) set to none the fanart and then choose another one.

Here's a short video:

How can I solve this? Huh
Your video is marked private and will not play
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-03-30, 20:52)Mudislander Wrote: Your video is marked private and will not play

Sorry, fixed.
(2012-03-30, 23:04)aur0n Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 20:52)Mudislander Wrote: Your video is marked private and will not play

Sorry, fixed.

Have you set the skin to use 'poster.jpg' ?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i always use ember to gather data which XBMC never updates changes from....always have to do a refresh from the menu you were in for changes to take affect
WE ALL WE GOT
As of today I still haven't found a solution yet -- any help?
Everything is working as it should.... XBMC has all the thumbs and backdrops in it's own library. When you add new fanart or thumbs to the movie folder you need to refresh locally to add it to your library. Because the images are in a local memory cache... they have to be flushed (e.g. that's what your restart does), if you do nothing they will show up sooner or later when the memory cache has to be renewed.
(2012-05-20, 22:57)PatK Wrote: Everything is working as it should.... XBMC has all the thumbs and backdrops in it's own library. When you add new fanart or thumbs to the movie folder you need to refresh locally to add it to your library. Because the images are in a local memory cache... they have to be flushed (e.g. that's what your restart does), if you do nothing they will show up sooner or later when the memory cache has to be renewed.

Sorry, but it doesn't sounds correct. If I change the fanart background, I'm supposed to see the change happening, not until a reset. Huh Plus, I remember it working correctly when Eden was in the RC phase.
your right aur0n...idk...maybe you should try re-installing xbmc? I have never had your problem myself

PS, you should re-download the program from the website, just to make sure it wasnt a bad download
I am having the same problem. It has always worked flawlessly but now I have to restart Xbmc in order to see my fanart changes. Coverart changes instant when a new picture is downloaded.

I am running eden in win8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing fanart issue0