Win HELP - Just got Final v11 - Everything's broken
I had DHARMA (final) running for last year and a half with almost no problems.

I had it all customized so that I can have custom home menus to break my library (i.e. movies 1, movies 2, movies 3, TV shows1, tv shows2, tv shows 3)

This is imperative, I need those movies/tv show breakdowns.

Now I upgraded to v11 and I am disappointed that despite a year this default skin doesn't support adding and expanding on the default tvshows/movies option.

So i tried the CONVERGENCE mod located here by mudslinger:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99839

and also the HORIZONTOL CONFLUENCE MODDED by mad-max:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103001

Unfortunately, both those large threads don't have basic instructions for novice users Sad

I clicked on system, clicked addon, installed addon from zip ile, it says addon enabled, but that's it. nothing else.

I then go to enabled addons, and I don't see these addons.

Basically, this new v11 eden skin has totally screwed everything up to the point it feels like a total trashy downgrade, and to top it off, all the mods now dont seem to work.

Does anyone have any step by step guide like there was for DHARMA on how to install these mods to get my functionality at least back to where it was with v10, because in the meantime, although I want to upgrade,it feels as I cant.

P.S.:

I had my preconfigured playlists in v10 that I'd like to import, if I knew how!!!!!
Dude, bit harsh. Have you got any idea of how many thousand hours of work has gone into XBMC, there also has been posts covering just about everything you've mentioned if you search. For myself Convergence is installed by downloading the repo from the first post in the tread, installing it via the zip option, and then install convergence by using Get Addons --> Mudisle Repo --> Skin --> Convergence
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Yes i realize how many countless hours are spent to bring something like this public, yet its mind boggling that the authors (such as yourself), dont want to spend a fraction of that time writing basic instructions so your product can be used by the vast majority, not just computer programmers that know everything!

Thanks for your instructions, managed to get the skin installed, and that's where I stopped, the out of the box skin doesn't allow me to modify anything that I need, i have these default presets like childrens movies, family movies, hd movies, yet no idea how to actually get my movies listed in these categories, or better yet, make my own darn category.

I went to the home menu in skin to try and add favorites and it gives an error: "favorites.xml does not exist/was not found"....

Sigh...

It's disappointing because your page, the very first bullet says this:

Convergence offers support for the following -

Add Playlists,Favourites,Plugins or Scripts to Home menu.

Yet there's no basic instructions on how to actually get that to work properly so that I can split up the movies THE WAY I WANT, not the default options provided (hd/children/family).

Also, as much as I, and everyone else appreciates the time you and other authors spent, also keep in mind, that we also spend time trying/testing your products out. For instance, this would be the third time in 2 days that I had to install xbmc v11 to try it out, and now I have to uninstall and revert back to v10 so I can actualyl use the program, because the out of the box xbmcv11 is just featureless, and these 3rd party skins dont come with any instructions to actually use them to their full potential! Sad
Fair enough, Writing instructions is boring Sleepy especially when you don't have the hours in a day. However if you ask I'll try help.

You're probably getting the "favorites.xml does not exist/was not found" error because you've not yet added any favourites.

To get family / HD playlists etc onto the main menu or submenu goto settings --> skin settings --> addon shortcuts.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Been a programmer my else
The last thing I want to do is go back and write instructions on how to use it when I have only couple of hours left in the day

As I this morning my knoledge of was using this with the remote after reading a 2 forum post I have rewritten the home screen to my wife liking

Move the menu down and put a shutdown on the main menu line

Wife has ask for more
So looks like more reading of this forum

BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS
These instructions are NOT skin related...it's always the same procedure...create a playlist and select it in skin/mod settings as a home entry...
So this problem should have every skin...I wanted to create a wiki page for basic instructions, but time is money and not getting paid for this might delay certain things, as I have to earn money somehow with a real job...
What about this, if you have figured it out, create a page for it on wiki Big Grin

TBH I agree ob the missing instructions, but what about asking in the forums? I would guess that if you ask in the forums, there will be someone who answers pretty fast and understandable...
I mean approx. 650 of my posts deal with answering questions regarding my mid...so don't be shy
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-04-01, 19:21)Mudislander Wrote: Fair enough, Writing instructions is boring Sleepy especially when you don't have the hours in a day. However if you ask I'll try help.

You're probably getting the "favorites.xml does not exist/was not found" error because you've not yet added any favourites.

To get family / HD playlists etc onto the main menu or submenu goto settings --> skin settings --> addon shortcuts.

(2012-04-21, 12:24)mad-max Wrote: These instructions are NOT skin related...it's always the same procedure...create a playlist and select it in skin/mod settings as a home entry...
So this problem should have every skin...I wanted to create a wiki page for basic instructions, but time is money and not getting paid for this might delay certain things, as I have to earn money somehow with a real job...
What about this, if you have figured it out, create a page for it on wiki Big Grin

TBH I agree ob the missing instructions, but what about asking in the forums? I would guess that if you ask in the forums, there will be someone who answers pretty fast and understandable...
I mean approx. 650 of my posts deal with answering questions regarding my mid...so don't be shy

I guess you're right, the problems would affect all the skins, and if you aren't modifying skins every day, once its done you forget about it.

I did install an addon for xbmc 10.1 like 2+ years ago, and now seemed to have forgotten everythin on how to do, which is why trying to upgrade out of Jezz's "new" skin which doesn't provide any flexibility at all was a major pain when I couldn't properly install any skin.

Long story short, back in April, I gave up on both your mods since I couldn't get it properly working, and will have time again next week.

I posted a msg in both your threads basically identifying the critical requirement the mod needs to fill (which is basically, let me have as many playlists linked directly to the front page as I want).

If memory serves, the mods only supported a handful (2-3) playlists to be linked on the main page. I'd need many many more for my needs:
For example, heres the various MOVIE playlists....
- Collection
- Unseen Movies
- 1970s & Earlier
- Western
- Musicals (Greece, Mama Mia, Sound of Music, etc)
- Movies for Family
- Animated
- ChickFlicks
See answer in my MOD-thread
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP - Just got Final v11 - Everything's broken2