• 5(current)
iOS 5.1 & XBMC
(2012-04-01, 14:59)Memphiz Wrote: link updated in the sticky

@happyendin21 please try with updated version and report back
Thanks again Memphiz for the prompt response. I updated the script and I get a new but similar problem it is confluence being offset on the bottom of the screen. The Bottom is not visible and the top ends mid screen I have attached another pic of the problem. I appreciate the prompt responses. I am in no rush to get this working and appreciate the time and effort you have gone through to get this to work. This does not appear to be something that can be fixed with zoom or tv settings on my end. Am I the only one having these or similar problems?

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I did run this code and this is error i got at the end.
============

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 48953372 (47M) [application/x-debian-package]
Saving to: `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb'

100%[=======================================>] 48,953,372 726K/s in 84s

2012-04-01 09:21:49 (571 KB/s) - `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb' saved [48953372/48953372]

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
(Reading database ... 3344 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 11.0-2 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Apple-TV:~ root# rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
I can confirm I'm having the same issue. Running on a Samsung LN40B530 at 720p 60hz. Tried 480p 60hz with identical results.
(2012-04-01, 17:17)deanmv Wrote: So everything you need are in those commands you posted, just follow them in order. Hope that helps.

(2012-04-01, 17:21)-apophis- Wrote: @ruffellprefley
your previous configuration will be lost.
Yes you only have to run your Code example.

with the official cydia version the part "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" was meant.

thank you both for your timely and informative responses. cheers!!
Guess it is a good sign....)

2012-04-01 09:33:43 (545 KB/s) - `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb' saved [48953372/48953372]

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
(Reading database ... 3376 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 11.0-2 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (11.0-2) ...
Apple-TV:~ root# rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
Thanks for the quick work on this! I installed it on my ATV today but when I launch xbmc, it opens in portrait! i.e. the screen is rotated 90 degrees to the right. Is this a known issue?
thesteve, yup - it's in the sticky for the atv build, as well as a few posts up Smile

Sounds like it may be a TV compatibility issue?

I was able to navigate off-screen to the video calib settings, but the "screen" it's calibrating to appears to be offscreen as well
Thank You Memphiz. Your patch is working great!
Keep up the work.
You are the best.
(2012-04-01, 19:25)charlesv Wrote: thesteve, yup - it's in the sticky for the atv build, as well as a few posts up Smile

Sounds like it may be a TV compatibility issue?

I was able to navigate off-screen to the video calib settings, but the "screen" it's calibrating to appears to be offscreen as well

Found a way to fix this... I SSH'd into ATV and then opened up guisettings.xml from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

In there under the 'resolutions' section I changed references to 720 to 1080 dimension sizes instead. Respring ATV, open XBMC and it now appears to work...

Hope that is of some help. Nice one to Memphiz for the patch! Smile

hi guys, after entering:
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances

I also get: couldn't find packe org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2. Any ideas? Am I missing steps in the process?
DId you do this first? apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

(2012-04-01, 20:47)tompop Wrote: hi guys, after entering:
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances

I also get: couldn't find packe org.xmbc.xmbc-atv2. Any ideas? Am I missing steps in the process?

Mmmhh hard to track down the issues some of you have with rotated view or non-centered screen. Will have to sleep about it a while (its not that easy if you can't reproduce it with your own equipment Wink ).

Could one of you where it doesn't work right post me the xbmc.log and syslog please?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-01, 21:14)Memphiz Wrote: Mmmhh hard to track down the issues some of you have with rotated view or non-centered screen. Will have to sleep about it a while (its not that easy if you can't reproduce it with your own equipment Wink ).

Could one of you where it doesn't work right post me the xbmc.log and syslog please?

I don't profess to be any kind of expert, more of a nosey enthusiast, but I experienced issue where XBMC was rotated after I installed your patch. However, I opened up the guisettings.xml file and in the rotations section changed everything that looked like reference to 720 to dimensions that worked for 1080 and after a respring it all worked fine.

Hope that is of some help to you...

Jon
Could you clarify a bit what exactly you've done? Don't get it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-01, 21:34)Memphiz Wrote: Could you clarify a bit what exactly you've done? Don't get it ...

SSH'd into ATV and then opened up guisettings.xml from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

In there under the 'resolutions' section I changed references to 720 to 1080 dimension sizes instead. Respring ATV, open XBMC and it now appears to work...

Hope that is of some help
http://www.speak2siri.com/

Google API server for £1 thats for use for as long as you want it 99% uptime only down for updates all cash goes to upkeep of the server ie pc on 24/7 an to pay the server bil
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5.1 & XBMC2