• 9(current)
iOS 5.1 & XBMC
deanmv your support work here is very appreciated. Thanks mate. Now you can give it a go yourself *hahaha* (better stay where you are if you ask me *ducking*) Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You lost me here? :S haha
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Guys, I need your help. I installed xmbc successfully, but is has now frozen when loading the Facebook addon. Is there an option to get out of this, without losing my jailbreak?
Ssh in and do killall AppleTv or Pull the plug out. Although you will have to tethered boot then.
Set Up
(2012-04-01, 17:11)ruffellprefley Wrote: i haven't upgraded to ios 5.1 yet but want to get a little clarification for when i do. when i update the device, will my prior install of xbmc be wiped out? i know that if it isn't wiped out it wouldn't work anyway until i do the xbmc install instructions in the new thread by Memphiz. However, the "first installing the official cydia version" part is what is confusing me. How do i go about installing that before running the code outlined below it? or do i ONLY run the code portion of that post?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Installation via ssh (first installing the official cydia version which installs all dependencys and the update with the version from this thread):

Code:
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14341410/org.xbm...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-2_iphoneos-arm.deb

Someone to help meHuh
i get all errors when i hit the apt-get update is does not update all the site's can someone tell me what the problem isHuh

Thnx!!!!!
What is the error? Probably just trouble connecting to the sites. Normally temporary.
Set Up
Hey guys I am having some issues installing ios5 on my atv2.

I have restored the aptv2, and re-jailbroke using seasonpass. Everything seems to go fine but when I connect the atv2 to the tv,..its flashes the apple logo and I get a microUsb icon and an itunes icon.

Any Help would be great.
Sounds like you need to tetherboot it using Seas0nPass. That's the downside to the teathered jailbreak, that every time it powers down it needs a computer to finish booting up. However, with the ATV2 you can just leave it on, so unless it has a major crash (and does a total reboot) then it shouldn't be an issue.
I have the latest ATV2 and latest firmware 5 and Eden 11. I can't SSH files to AT2, I get socket error, I tried every ftp program. Did others had success in installing NaviX, I am getting error "add on does not have a correct structure"?
(2012-04-09, 20:04)Ned Scott Wrote: Sounds like you need to tetherboot it using Seas0nPass. That's the downside to the teathered jailbreak, that every time it powers down it needs a computer to finish booting up. However, with the ATV2 you can just leave it on, so unless it has a major crash (and does a total reboot) then it shouldn't be an issue.

Alright! Why all of sudden do I have to do a tetherboot now, every other jailbreak has been fine. Is it because i used SeasonPass, although I have used it since day one? Should I just restore and re-jailbreak again then?

Thanks.
Man there is no untethered jailbreak for ios5.1 yet. Thats a simple fact which is even stated in the color red on the seas0npass site. Now stop spamming around with your jailbreak stuff here please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-10, 16:49)Memphiz Wrote: Man there is no untethered jailbreak for ios5.1 yet. Thats a simple fact which is even stated in the color red on the seas0npass site.

So what you're saying is that there's an untethered jb for ios5.1. Where can i get it?

Big Grin Joking. Don't hit me!

I'm a newb to all this, but not completely ignorant when it comes to Apple products, but when I try to do the whole loading XBMC to my ATV2 5.1 using Seas0nPass tethered jailbreak, I'm typing the commands line by line using Putty and get the following:

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 is already the newest version.
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2: Depends: org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

I'm completely ignorant to this part of it, and would be extremely grateful for any insight as to what I might be doing wrong or what I need to change in order to help everything go smooth. Everything seemed to go smooth until that line.

Thanks in advance for any assistance the helpful folks here on the forum could provide!

Chris
If you follow the instructions from here then it should work: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369
Set Up
(2012-04-11, 04:53)SBUDeuce Wrote: I'm a newb to all this, but not completely ignorant when it comes to Apple products, but when I try to do the whole loading XBMC to my ATV2 5.1 using Seas0nPass tethered jailbreak, I'm typing the commands line by line using Putty and get the following:

Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 is already the newest version.
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2: Depends: org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

I'm completely ignorant to this part of it, and would be extremely grateful for any insight as to what I might be doing wrong or what I need to change in order to help everything go smooth. Everything seemed to go smooth until that line.

Thanks in advance for any assistance the helpful folks here on the forum could provide!

Chris

Type in

apt-get -f install

then return. Then try the install instructions again.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5.1 & XBMC2