Updating / scanning with a shared library

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
deviantintegral Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 2011
Reputation: 0
Post: #1
I'm moving from a single XBMC instance to multiple instances, one running on OS X and the original instance on Linux. I've set up MySQL, shared thumbnails, etc, but am running into a problem with updating library content. I'm using a path substitution in advancedsettings.xml to rewrite a local Linux path to an SMB path to share with the OS X machine. I can import the library to MySQL, play content, and so on without issue. However, if the OS X instance tries to update the library, it saves them to the database without the path substitution, but instead with the SMB path. This causes all content to be duplicated. So, a few questions:

  1. Is there a way to get the library paths to be reverse-mapped when a client is updating the library?
  2. Should I be only updating the library on a single machine (in my case, the Linux box)? If so, is there a way to completely disable updating from the Mac client?
  3. Should I be rewriting all of my paths to use SMB (even for the local Linux machine) and ditch path substitution?


Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2012-03-31 00:29 by deviantintegral.)
find quote
jmarshall Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Posts: 26,181
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation: 175
Post: #2
1. Make sure you add sources to the OSX instance exactly the same as the Linux instance. Copy the sources.xml file over is probably the way to go.

2. Once 1 is taken care of, you should be fine.

3. That's also an option, yes.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.


[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
deviantintegral Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 2011
Reputation: 0
Post: #3
Interesting. I did copy my sources.xml, and that was causing the duplicate entries. So if that's not the expected behavior, I'll gather up some debug logs and file a report.
find quote