[XBMCbuntu] What the? I can't install to a Hard Drive
So I have a bootable USB, made it with unetbootin and the iso

it boots, i get the options, but when I choose "Install" it goes to standalone mode!

How do I install the thing?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...
Found it... had to hit Tab, and remove the quiet option from the installer... works fine now
I seem to have the same or at least similar problem. I created my USB stick with UNetbootin, so when I boot i get a basic blue 'UNetbootin' screen with the options to install, install with 120x120, try without installing etc. I'm not sure if this is "good" or if I'm instead supposed to get the prettier XBMC screen with the same options.

I've tried install and install (120x120) but it always just boots into xbmc rather than actually installing XBMCbuntu.

Thanks to the hint above, I hit tab and deleted the word 'quiet' and hit enter -- it once again just booted into XBMC. Do I need to delete 'quiet' and then hit escape and then select 'install' option again or something?

What else could I try to see why it's not doing the install option?

My hardware is a Foxconn NTA350 AMD e350 mini system with an SSD installed: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119050
We have observed this bug several times, but as of today we were not able to track it down. The workaround is to remove the quiet token (Tks Media, we did not know that!) or choose exit from XBMC power menu, login to xbmcbuntu session and start the installer via the desktop icon.
This may be the way to set a screen resolution for the installer as well, via the utility in the menu.
While removing 'quiet' didn't work for me, installing from the xbmcbuntu desktop worked perfectly. For anyone else coming here for the same problem, reminder: login as xbmc with empty password.

Thanks Luigi & Media!
(2012-03-31, 20:44)lcapriotti Wrote: ...login to xbmcbuntu session and start the installer via the desktop icon.

I had a similar issue - found myself at the XBMCbuntu login screen, but couldn't login in. I thought the login AND PW was xbmc, xbmc? Has this changed?

ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
blank pwd: wiki

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] What the? I can't install to a Hard Drive0