Win Need help with <tvshowmatching> Season 1 - Episode 01
I have some tv-shows that are named like:

Tv Show Season 1 Episode 01 - Episode Name

XBMC wont add these files and I've tried to change advancedsettings.xml but nothing happens.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <tvshowmatching>
              <regexp>Season ([0-9]+) Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
     </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/ZghDavXi

What am I doing wrong?
You'll need to escape the "-" in the regexp most likely.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've tried that and it makes no difference.
Exactly what did you try?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Did you actually try the code you posted? I notice from the debug log that it looks instead like you added the regexp to the code from the sticky thread. I think that this might in fact be the source of the problem. That code has two blocks of <tvshowmatching>, one prepended, one appended, but I can't see where in the source code this is allowed for (only the "FirstChildElement" is used). I tested it fairly vigorously on some simple cases and couldn't get it to work (I even patched the code so it would work, just to compare results). Which is all a bit odd, given the length of time that sticky has been around, you'd feel someone would have pointed it out before, so maybe I'm wrong.

Short answer: Try moving the regexp to the prepended block and see if it works, I don't think the appended one is being used. (Alternatively, remove the prepended block if you don't actually need it.)
If you are sick of messing with code there is an easy way. DL TV Renamer. add the show you are trying to rename in the my shows tab. In the TV Show folder on your computer just type for each episode the season and episode number (i.e. 101 for season 1 episode 1) In TV Renamer click scan and point to the folder with the episodes in it and then click Do Checked after the scan at the bottom to rename them all. You can modify parameters for renaming in TV Renamer just follow the guide. Then all the episodes will be scrubbed by xbmc no problem.
Try this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <tvshowmatching>
              <regexp>(?i)Season (\d{1,2}).*?(?i)Episode (\d{1,2})[^\\/]*</regexp>
     </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Works here with or without the dash in between.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with <tvshowmatching> Season 1 - Episode 010