AbC not ABC - weird problem
Hi

I have been using XBMC for about 4 months and comfortable with Movies - and I have that set up fine for my needs.

Next, I have been using it to stream my Music, and I have some specific issues on MP3 Tags, which is driving me crazy (a little bit).

Let me explain the part which is causing me grief:

1. A folder which contains 200 MP3 files (of my 7" vinyl singles).
2. I have used TagScanner to go through and successfully update tags and add cover art.
3. The process works fine: (i) update tags in TagScanner (ii) Rescan the folder in XBMC and the updates are there

EXCEPT

.....if I enter the artist as 'ABC' then it is displayed 'AbC'. This is the case for any of the MP3 files - not just one file.

If I enter the artist as 'ABCD' then it is displayed 'ABCD' - correctly.
If I enter the artist as 'ABC Word' then it is displayed 'ABC Word' - correctly.

However (and I have tried this about 30-40 times in the last 2 days) tagging an artist as 'ABC' makes it display as 'AbC' - which is wrong!

Tagging the title as ABC works fine = ABC.

I have checked and checked again and used MP3 Tag, but is it definitely something weird in XBMC.

It is almost as if the code reads: if artist = 'ABC' then display 'AbC' else display artist_tag.

Can someone try this and see what happens? Or has anyone got any suggestions?

It is a minor annoyance in the scheme of things - and XBMC is really very very good indeed!

The version of XBMC I use is 10.1 Compiled Mar 8 2011. When accessing Music, I go through the Files option.
Your db will have "AbC" as the artist. Thus, any changes you make _unless the artist is removed completely from the db first_ will not make a difference. Ensure the artist is completely dropped from the db when you rescan. A simple method might be moving all songs related to that artist out of the way, and cleaning the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-01, 02:29)jmarshall Wrote: Your db will have "AbC" as the artist. Thus, any changes you make _unless the artist is removed completely from the db first_ will not make a difference. Ensure the artist is completely dropped from the db when you rescan. A simple method might be moving all songs related to that artist out of the way, and cleaning the library.

Hi - many thanks for your reply. It worked!! Big Grin

I assume that the same approach will work for a couple of other issues where the cover art seems 'stuck' and cannot be updated.

I will try the same approach:

1. Move the items to a backup folder
2. System>Settings>Musisc>Clean library
3. Move items to correct folder, retag as appropriate
4. Rescan item to library

Thanks again, D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AbC not ABC - weird problem0