Modified and Missing features.
In the previous version of XBMC (version 10), in the video context menu was a option to the settings section. It was removed, but I don't see why? Now I have to go all the way back to the main menu to traverse into video settings if I want to clean the library. Annoying to say the least.

The other issue is that true file browsing is gone. I can no longer turn off Library mode, and the Files section of the Library is modified by the misc options, like "hide watched".

Anyone know why these things were removed/changed?
IIRC, the first one was about cleaning up the contextual menu because it had become so bloated. I think it is possible to map "clean library" to a keyboard/remote key, and it's probably something that can be added back via a skin mod.

The second one, merging of file and library mode, was a long time coming. You do see extra options in file view, but file view will function identically to file mode from v10 with some settings changed (see Eden FAQ (wiki)). So nothing is lost, just added. Basically this merge lets file view become "library with folders", allowing people to use cover art and summaries while organizing their videos however they want (you could have a folder for cartoons, for example). Before one had to choose between folders and summaries/meta-data.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modified and Missing features.0