Very slow opening of directories containing rar files
I got this directory with some files, soma are avi, mkv, mp4 but also some of these are packed rar files. In v10 opening of this dir last ~5/10s in v11 it last 5min.

Logs: http://pastebin.com/ZKPfqxS6

Does anybody have similar problems or solution ?

Thanks for answer in advance.
Corrupt packed rar's perhaps?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lots of errors in your logs:

ERROR: XFILE::CFile::ReadString : Access violation at 0x01723df7: Reading location 0xf77b688b

Corrupt/incomplete/protected rars?
I don't think so, it work flawless with v10.
While not a solution if this is an actual bug, you could decompress the rars and the delay will (likely) disappear.
(2012-03-30, 01:20)homeend Wrote: I got this directory with some files, soma are avi, mkv, mp4 but also some of these are packed rar files. In v10 opening of this dir last ~5/10s in v11 it last 5min.

Logs: http://pastebin.com/ZKPfqxS6

Does anybody have similar problems or solution ?

Thanks for answer in advance.

Same problems here.
Rar just fine.
Bug in eden (works fine with dharma)

Did you actually browse into the rars in Dharma, or do you just ignore that they're there?

My guess is if you try to browse into them with Dharma you'll find a similar issue. Please confirm.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

In Dharma I could play avis inside rar with no trouble, to be honest I was really surprised that it worked so smoothly, it was great feature (I talk about small files, up to 700MB, for larger files it was useless). In Eden it also works but it take a little more time to open rar (of course if you have enough patient to wait for opening folder that contains rar files, if there are few files it takes forever).
Right - so it takes ages inside larger RARs in Dharma as well.

If the rars are actually packed (not stored) but XBMC still is taking ages to open the folder, then we'll need an example RAR - it should be basically ignoring any packed rars. Stored rars are the only thing it should be looking in when listing a folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow opening of directories containing rar files0