• 1(current)
Option to use folder date for recently added movies
Hi all, I would like to see the option to have XBMC use the date the folder was created for each movie that has it's own folder as the date added to the library instead of the date it was added to the library or the date it was refreshed.

I have every movie in it's own folder. If I edit a .nfo or change the fan-art saved in the folder on a movie that I added a long time ago I don't want it to show up in the recently added when I refresh it. Also if I re-scan all of my movies it would be nice for it to just automatically display the recently added in the correct order.

This would probably need to be a user selected option because some people don't have each movie in its own folder and I'm sure some people may not want it to behave this way even if they have each movie in its own folder.

If I can already do this with advancedsettings.xml please let me know.

Thanks
It didn't make it into Eden but it will be available in the next release by default: ea3835e1c14f530b15cb. Thse changes use the video files modification date (or in case of tvshows the directories creation date) and stores that into a field named dateAdded in the database. That field is then used for sorting by Date Added and for things like Recently Added etc.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
great ... thats a huge thing for us devs who rebuild their lib sometimes and want to use the systems in private too Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yup now we can mess around without our girlfriends/wifes smacking us in the face afterwards because the RecentlyAdded list has changed and contains some rather old movies Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-04-01, 10:34)Montellese Wrote: Yup now we can mess around without our girlfriends/wifes smacking us in the face afterwards because the RecentlyAdded list has changed and contains some rather old movies Wink

lol I knew I wasn't the only one with that problem
(2012-04-01, 10:34)Montellese Wrote: Yup now we can mess around without our girlfriends/wifes smacking us in the face afterwards because the RecentlyAdded list has changed and contains some rather old movies Wink

What is that concept of 'girlfriend/wifes' you are speaking of? Have i missed something Huh
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
meaning they like the latest movie added to the server, not the latest scanned because we choose to to rebuild our libraries
So this movie I just put on my server yesterday would show in the library as added in 2009?

(2012-04-02, 05:18)rev105 Wrote: So this movie I just put on my server yesterday would show in the library as added in 2009?

I believe this function would require Folders for each movie. Meaning it would look for when the folder was last modified
Nope I implemented it on a file basis so it will take the modification date of the file and it does not require any folders.

Hm how is it possible that the modification date is earlier than the creation date? I didn't that was possible.
Modified is when the actual file changed eg: like checking a md5
Created is when the file gets put on the HDD

at least thats my thinking because my files are the same
Most of my files are this way and I'm sure many other people are the same. If possible I would suggest use creation date or folder date or even better make it an option which way you want it to behave.
(2012-04-02, 13:25)rev105 Wrote: Most of my files are this way and I'm sure many other people are the same. If possible I would suggest use creation date or folder date or even better make it an option which way you want it to behave.

Reduce possible option as much as possible. This will only confuse people
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-02, 14:00)Martijn Wrote: Reduce possible option as much as possible. This will only confuse people
indeed its about doing it right the first time Smile
Measure twice cut once
(2012-04-02, 15:03)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 14:00)Martijn Wrote: Reduce possible option as much as possible. This will only confuse people
indeed its about doing it right the first time Smile
Measure twice cut once

cut 10 times and its still to short ... Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to use folder date for recently added movies0