Correct steps to follow after building HTPC
Building 2 HTPC's Both same configuration (i3-2125, ssd, without optical drive). I totally understand that XBMC has with so much information and guides to follow but just so i follow the correct one for what best suits me; if anyone can provide links/downloads to all i need to have it up and running; after building htpc, that will be great.

Both will be strictly for XBMC (home theater) use and in living room environment and will be connected to denon receiver with 7.1 speaker system and from Denon receiver to TV?

here is list i kind of made up:

1. Built HTPC
2. Install Windows 7
3. Optimize Windows ( any guide which i can follow - link please)
3. Install VPN (any other software i should install? links please)
3. Install XBMC ( which version i should install that has HD Audio, DTS 7.1 support - link please? )
4. Configure XBMC (any guide - link i should follow)
5. Third party mush have software (youtube, netfilx, etc)
6. Perfect professional Skins I should get?
7. Setup a proflie to launch XBMC.(links)
(any other recommendations will be great). Thanks
(2012-03-31, 20:33)wildzx Wrote: Building 2 HTPC's Both same configuration (i3-2125, ssd, without optical drive). I totally understand that XBMC has with so much information and guides to follow but just so i follow the correct one for what best suits me; if anyone can provide links/downloads to all i need to have it up and running; after building htpc, that will be great.

Both will be strictly for XBMC (home theater) use and in living room environment and will be connected to denon receiver with 7.1 speaker system and from Denon receiver to TV?

here is list i kind of made up:

1. Built HTPC
2. Install Windows 7
3. Optimize Windows ( any guide which i can follow - link please)
3. Install VPN (any other software i should install? links please)
3. Install XBMC ( which version i should install that has HD Audio, DTS 7.1 support - link please? )
4. Configure XBMC (any guide - link i should follow)
5. Third party mush have software (youtube, netfilx, etc)
6. Perfect professional Skins I should get?
7. Setup a proflie to launch XBMC.(links)
(any other recommendations will be great). Thanks
I thought I answered it in your other thread- Build is up and running - What now?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
yep, just saw your post after. Just wanted to make sure i post in the correct forum; since i was posting in else's thread and my question related more to this forum..thanks for the response...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct steps to follow after building HTPC 0