Win Add "permanent movies" to the library? (i.e. external disks)
Hello,

I'm using the placeholders for having my DVD collection in XBMC (creating a dvd.disc file with information about the DVD number and where it is).

For example:

Code:
T:\XBMC\Movies_Offline\Stardust (2007)>dir /b
Stardust (2007).dvd-fanart.jpg
Stardust (2007).dvd.disc
Stardust (2007).dvd.nfo
Stardust (2007).dvd.tbn

I would like to do something similar with media in external disks that aren't connected all the time (I have a Sharkoon SATA base where I can plug 1 of my 5 external discs). I've created a directory with mount points to the drives, like this:

Code:
T:\XBMC\Mount>dir
10/04/2011  11:34 PM    <JUNCTION>     USB_MAXTOR [\??\Volume{6b43e800-e76b-11e0-a8d7-005056c00008}\]
10/06/2011  09:32 PM    <JUNCTION>     WD3200YS_1 [\??\Volume{10de5062-f047-11e0-84f5-005056c00008}\]
10/06/2011  10:51 PM    <JUNCTION>     WD3200YS_2 [\??\Volume{6b43e78f-e76b-11e0-a8d7-005056c00008}\]

It works great while the disk is connected. If I disconnect the disk, then a simple "Update Library" command deletes all the entries for movies in the disconnected disk.

So, my question is: is it possible to mark a movie as "permanent"? (i.e. I don't want it to be removed from the library if XBMC doesn't found it while doing the update process). If not, is it possible to achieve my idea using another trick?

Thank you very much.

Do you have cleanonupdate set in your advancedsettings.xml?
Hi,

I don't have this file in my installation? Where is it supposed to be?

Thanks.

PS: I'm right now trying the following. Add video content from T:\XBMC\Mount\USB_MAXTOR\Movies. I've set the FA scrapper with default settings.

In the scrapper general settings I've checked "Movies are in separate folders ..." (because I want to use the metadata in the drive if available instead of scrapping everytime, sometimes with erroneus information that I change manually and export to the drive as separate files in every movie directory).

Then, I've checked "Scan recursively" and "Exclude path from library updates" (but I'm not sure what this setting does because after setting the content, the "Do you want to refresh info for all items in this path" option does nothing. I need to use context menu and select "Scan for new content" to get the information added to the library.

Thanks.
Well, the option for "excluding path from library updates" does nothing when "cleaning the library".

If I do a "clean library" with the hard disk disconnected, all the movies in the hard disk are removed.

Any idea about how to avoid this?

Thanks.
The simple answer is don't update the library in general... when adding new media, you can individually scrape with the 'I'nformation command or running Eden, in filemode over select folders.. a 'Scan for New Content' updates only the specific folder in focus. Locking up a folder or drive is an issue for us all, and there is a forum for feature suggestions.

Exporting to separate files... ensures that if you have to do a re-scrape it will be quick. Frequently coping your Userdata directory to a backup source will ensure a quick recovery if you should 'update' without drives attached.
(2012-04-02, 17:41)PatK Wrote: Exporting to separate files... ensures that if you have to do a re-scrape it will be quick. Frequently coping your Userdata directory to a backup source will ensure a quick recovery if you should 'update' without drives attached.

Yes, I know but if I have a backup and then I update without the drives, well all these files will be removed and new ones added to the library (the ones in the local hard disks). So in the end you'll get a backup without the new local content or the current library without the data in the external disks ;-)

I'll try to do the trick by creating something similar to the offline trick (probably I'll try to mirror the external disk using 'robocopy' without actually copy the cotent -it will be zero files-). Then I'll setup some kind of script for copying the exported files from local to the hard disk when available.

But I suppose this won't work because XBMC will try to play the fake file instead of the real one in the external hardisk :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add "permanent movies" to the library? (i.e. external disks)0