[PATCH] 3D subtitles for half/full SBS and over/under with subtitles parallax
Hi

In waiting for headset hmz-t1 and inspired by @benjicoh (post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid835971) I've rewrite benjicoh patch to handle 3d subtitles. I've added options SBS (Top)/SBS (Bottom) and Over/Under (Top)/Over/Under (Bottom), and 3d subtitles parallax.

The patch link: 3D SUBTITLES PATCH

The patch is not finished yet. I have no idea how resize width subtitles text for half sbs, and resize height for over/under subtitles text.
Can you help me?

Plesken

I can't help, but I can say this is really missing feature and I hope this will be adeed to xbmc someday.

There is no good and free software that handle 3d subtitles on linux (I know only Bino3d, but it does not support gpu accelerated encoding, so it's useless - in my case, 1080p=slideshow). For xbmc dev team, it can't be so difficult to add 3d subtitles support, so I hope this will be done.
Could you please explain how to apply this patch on a Mac?

Thanks!
(2012-04-02, 19:11)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Could you please explain how to apply this patch on a Mac?

Thanks!

Enter to xbmc directory. Make command:

patch -p1 < [path where patch is located]

I've been using the benjicoh patch and loved it and are now looking for the XBMC 11 version. I see you took it a step further, nice work!

Is there a compiled version for windows availeble?

Thanks

UPDATE: I've compiled your code into the windows .exe myself and it works great, not sure if the parralax setting has much effect, but that can be just me. Thanks again for this great option!
Samsung 50" 3D Plasma, I'm old school, like to do everything from one main pc, Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, 2x ATi 5750, 1x SSD, 8TB HD total.
XBMC with 3D subs working, SpotyXBMC2, XBMC Android remote, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, Newsleecher.
60Mb Internet
I can't apply this on my Mac.
I'm running Eden version... somebody can help me , pleaseHuh
(2012-05-16, 02:51)glauber.herbert Wrote: I can't apply this on my Mac.

More information please... Have you added patch without any errors or not?
(2012-05-16, 02:51)glauber.herbert Wrote: I can't apply this on my Mac.

You need to completely build XBMC yourself if you want to apply this patch. You can't just magically add it to your installation of XBMC 11.0 (aka Eden). See https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/master/docs/README.osx for more information on how to build XBMC on Mac OSX.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Somebody can post the compiled XBMC for Mac?
I search in the internet how can I do this, but without success.

Thanks!
Has this been integrated into dailies - or something like it? Would love to be able to watch a few 3d movies I have that require subs.
But it still has some problems with subtitle scaling, so are you sure it sholud be integrated with xbmc? This patch is not finished yet and not very useful. Because subs are scaled incorrectly (width/height) in 3d mode.
I'm just trying to find a solution for subtitles in 3d at this point - this seemed like a semi-solution and I was hoping it was fixed/integrated. Ah well.
any way to make it work in openelec?
Try latest nightly. 3D support for subtitles is built-in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] 3D subtitles for half/full SBS and over/under with subtitles parallax2