Linux XBMCbuntu install on Zotac box - Instant and painless via. USB
Wink 
I finally had enough of Ubuntu 11's Unity garbage, constant updates, and all around having too many things installed for what's just an HTPC.

Sooooooo, on the advice of a friend, I snagged XBMCbuntu's self-installing ISO with the gorgeous new XBMC 11. Plugged a spare thumb drive into my Macbook, turned it into a bootable drive via. the ISO, stuck it into my Zotac MAGHD-ND01-U (link below), and clicked through the install process.

Previously, I'd installed Ubuntu 9, then jumped through hoops to install LIRC, the Nvidia Ion drivers, XBMC via. apt-get, etc. It was a long process involving lots of head-scratching for this Linux novice.

This time, I cooked a pizza while the installer did things, and returned to find a very fast booting box that loaded right to XBMC. LIRC worked, ION drivers seem to work, hell, even 5.1 is working! No configuration necessary. Bam, done.

Thank you XBMCbuntu team, this is what I would definitely consider a "perfect" install.

Link to the box:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173001

That's all, just wanted to post a good ole success story.

-PrintError
Another success here for the Zotac - a lower spec box than the one above, and apart from a couple of minor issues re HDMI audio and Bluetooth keyboards that I managed to resolve, its working great Smile

Big thumbs up to the developers Smile
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
HDMI audio works just fine for videos and music, but I get no UI sound effects. Oh well, it was all blips and bloops anyway. Thanks to XBMCbuntu, I don't even need a keyboard for this one. Remote only.
Just got my Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 in. The basic kit doesn't contain any RAM or disk so I got a 4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM card and since I want this to be a speedy thing I added a 240GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD disk.

Installed Ubuntu 11.10 Linux and then added the neccesary XBMC repository as described in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...u/HOW-TO_1

Sound works ok through the HDMI cable and graphics seems ok and WiFi as well.

Due to the SSD Ubuntu boots to logon screen in about 5 secs. Very nice Rofl
I currently run Openelec on my ZBOX ID11 - would XBMCbuntu run ok on this? will I have to mess about with drivers etc or will it work ok out of the box?
XBMCbuntu installed fine on my Zotac ID41 except for one small issue - I had to set both audio outputs to "pulse:both".
This is with an AV receiver to decode the audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu install on Zotac box - Instant and painless via. USB0