Record DLNA Streams
Hey,

Does anyone know if its possible to use a client to record DLNA streams? Id like to record some shows off of hulu using a DLNA server so I can watch them on a plane.

Thanks,

NoNamesLeft
There are easier ways to obtain the content. Also, since recording shows off of Hulu probably violates their TOS, you are unlikely to receive any help from these forums.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
(2012-04-01, 18:02)Plaguester Wrote: There are easier ways to obtain the content. Also, since recording shows off of Hulu probably violates their TOS, you are unlikely to receive any help from these forums.

Doesn't ripping DVDs violate the DMCA? You are cool with that one. AMIRITE?
(2012-04-01, 22:18)NoNamesLeft Wrote: Doesn't ripping DVDs violate the DMCA? You are cool with that one. AMIRITE?

Actually, it doesn't violate the DMCA. The violation occurs if the disk is encrypted in some way and you break that encryption while ripping the DVD. DVD rippers, torrent, and nzb applications and add-ons can be discussed in the forums because it is possible to use each legally. I doubt you'll find anyone here willing to discuss violating Hulu's TOS.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
(2012-04-02, 05:41)Plaguester Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 22:18)NoNamesLeft Wrote: Doesn't ripping DVDs violate the DMCA? You are cool with that one. AMIRITE?

Actually, it doesn't violate the DMCA. The violation occurs if the disk is encrypted in some way and you break that encryption while ripping the DVD. DVD rippers, torrent, and nzb applications and add-ons can be discussed in the forums because it is possible to use each legally. I doubt you'll find anyone here willing to discuss violating Hulu's TOS.

All DVDs are encrypted. Im asking if anyone knows a way to capture DLNA streams.
When this discussion started I never read the word HULU mentioned which by the way Hulu video
isn't encrypted like a dvd, by that it isn't like Net Flicks with DRM restrictions. I can understand
all sides of this conversation. We use RTMP with hacked code to appear as ADOBE to stream
given content into our living rooms in fact that same given hacked code will dump the videos,
there is my 2 cents. DVD decrypter and encrytion in linux plus mp3 etc are not open sourced
either that is why Ubuntu among other distros don't add them to their repositories, people have
to add other repositories to their system on their own therefore the user is responsible and not
the distributer. As breaking dvd encryption its done everytime one on a linux device put a disc
in and hits play.Tongue dvddecryter even leaves a nice list of the codes in a folder everytime one adds
a disc in it doesn't know making it faster the nice time its put in to play Nod but no this forum is not the appropriate place for these type of discussions. Wink

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-04-02, 10:49)wilson.joe Wrote: When this discussion started I never read the word HULU mentioned which by the way Hulu video
isn't encrypted like a dvd, by that it isn't like Net Flicks with DRM restrictions. I can understand
all sides of this conversation. We use RTMP with hacked code to appear as ADOBE to stream
given content into our living rooms in fact that same given hacked code will dump the videos,
there is my 2 cents. DVD decrypter and encrytion in linux plus mp3 etc are not open sourced
either that is why Ubuntu among other distros don't add them to their repositories, people have
to add other repositories to their system on their own therefore the user is responsible and not
the distributer. As breaking dvd encryption its done everytime one on a linux device put a disc
in and hits play.Tongue dvddecryter even leaves a nice list of the codes in a folder everytime one adds
a disc in it doesn't know making it faster the nice time its put in to play Nod but no this forum is not the appropriate place for these type of discussions. Wink

Thanks Joe. I've found the answer utilizing another community and I am up and running. Its just annoying someone like Plaguester comes on here just to crap on my thread without adding anything to it. I appreciate your response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record DLNA Streams0