(REVIVED) Stuttering/jerky 1080i on pre-Eden and post-Eden
With usedssfanart set to false, one of my CPU's is not stuck at 100%, but was instead shows 8%. When it was true, which is the default, I had jerky 1080p and one of my CPU's stuck at 100%. When I changed it to false, 1080p has been smooth for me. I am using hardware acceleration - vdpau to do the decoding).

The other thing i did was turn off autoupdates of addon's at startup.

Try it, see if it works for you. Just trying to help.

[Ironically in dharma, you needed to have usedssfanart set to true].
@ialand
I am sorry, we can't do much about this issue for the Eden release. As already said, fixing this issue is not trivial and we have feature freeze for Eden. The source of the problem is your recordings with missing fields. ffmpeg will be upgraded post Eden. Then I will look into this again.
That is ok, from what I remember it is something to do with caching the fanart which can take from 10 mins to 30 mins. Setting usedssfanart to false, stops this, that is why performance is better.
FernetMenta Wrote:@ialand
I am sorry, we can't do much about this issue for the Eden release. As already said, fixing this issue is not trivial and we have feature freeze for Eden. The source of the problem is your recordings with missing fields. ffmpeg will be upgraded post Eden. Then I will look into this again.

I seem to remember you said that you had a fix that involved turning off de-interlacing on 1080i streams? That was one of the links/pulls you gave us? So that fix till be ignored (that's not a feature, that's a FIX) so existing content will be broken on release? Just wanting this clarified so that I know when I have to start re-encoding about 200 titles that WERE working fine on Dharma (at least I could see nothing wrong with them visually). They may have missing fields, but Dharma could handle them.
AJ1000 Wrote:That is ok, from what I remember it is something to do with caching the fanart which can take from 10 mins to 30 mins. Setting usedssfanart to false, stops this, that is why performance is better.
That may be an issue, but it's not the issue here Smile
(2012-02-25, 13:17)FernetMenta Wrote: @ialand

Well it's well post Eden, any news? (still about 200 broken recordings with the release and stacking things up on safety drives till it's resolved and I can continue to record to 1080i or downgrade to 720p for everything).
I recently played your sample using a development branch and it did much better. We have a new version of ffmpeg now and I have almost rewritten vdpau. The process of integrating this work will take a while.
hopefully not as long between as between Dharma and Eden Smile
Go to system settings and enable debugging. Then play one of those files that do not work for a minute or so. xbmc.log is in ~/.xbmc/temp. Please post this file and provide a link. ImageImageImageImageImage

(2012-04-25, 05:04)Claire193 Wrote: Go to system settings and enable debugging. Then play one of those files that do not work for a minute or so. xbmc.log is in ~/.xbmc/temp. Please post this file and provide a link

Heh, you're about 5 months late Smile FernetMenta has better than a log, he's got a sample of the problem he can (and has) dissected. He's on it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(REVIVED) Stuttering/jerky 1080i on pre-Eden and post-Eden0