Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
Okay, so as many people are aware of by this point, TheTVDB has caused a significant problem for many users by refusing to create separate entries for Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Instead they have opted to rename it as a whole as "Avatar". This has caused issues with many plugins because there is no such show just named "Avatar" (The most important of these IMO being the "TV Show - Next Aired" plugin). So thanks to input of other users on these forums, I have made .nfo files with almost the same info as TheTVDB but it divides them into 2 separate shows. Download links and instructions below.

Download Guide:

1. Download the .rar files for Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra
2. Open the files using WinRAR or similar software (you should see folders titled "Season [#]" and a few other files)
3. Extract the files, the files in the seasons folders go into the seasons folders with the episodes and the other files go into the folder of the TV Show
4. Make sure that the names of the episode files (the .tbn and the .nfo files you extracted) match the names that your video files have, so if you named it 1x01.avi, you need to either rename the video file to S01E01 - The Boy in the Iceberg.avi or rename the .tbn and .nfo files to 1x01
5. Rescan in XBMC and enjoy your properly listed shows!

Recommended File Setup:

I'm a bit neurotic about organizing my files so I figured I would give my recommended file system, it really keeps everything organized and easy top find later on.

Videos / TV Shows / [Network Name] / [Show Name] / Season [#] / S[#]E[#] - [Episode Name].avi

I organize it by network because it helps keep things a bit more orderly than having all the shows in one folder.

Other Shows:

If you guys want to do this with other shows, a good program to use is Ember Media Manager which allows you to scan in your library and it will allow you to select the artwork you want and it will create the necessary .nfo files and .tbn files for you. Additionally, if you have issues getting this to work or don't have the time to do this yourself, comment with the show you want and if another person also asks for the same show, I will do the files and upload them.

Hope you guys enjoy, and many thanks to Amra who made the .nfo files for The Legend of Korra's first 2 episodes and to KRKA01 who pointed me to Ember Media Manager.

Note to Moderators: I tried posting this under Off Topic but it wouldn't let me create a post, so I figured this was the best place for it. Also, sorry you guys have to deal with me complaining about TheTVDB, but when it starts breaking plugins compatibility it becomes an issue for XBMC users, also, I have talked with an admin about their moderators before, the admins don't really care and often blindly back up the decisions made by the moderators.

NOTICE: I will be updating The Legend of Korra as the episodes are announced and once thumbnails for the episodes are available, expect the files to be up 1 to 2 days after the episode airs. Smile
EDIT: I am seriously sorry about that Luke. Your links are fine- I mistakenly read the .rar size and believed you were posting the eps themselves with the .nfo's rather than just the .nfo's themselves. Again, my sincere apologies.

(2012-04-01, 10:20)ralob Wrote: I'd remove the links if I were you because this thread will be closed otherwise- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117

There is nothing wrong with those links.
(2012-04-01, 10:27)prae5 Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 10:20)ralob Wrote: I'd remove the links if I were you because this thread will be closed otherwise- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117

There is nothing wrong with those links.

Aw crap, you're right. I quickly checked the .rar and mistakenly read it as 213mb instead of 2.13mb. I thought it was the show itself. My apologies LukeS7. I'll edit my post accordingly.

(2012-04-01, 10:20)ralob Wrote: EDIT: I am seriously sorry about that Luke. Your links are fine- I mistakenly read the .rar size and believed you were posting the eps themselves with the .nfo's rather than just the .nfo's themselves. Again, my sincere apologies.

Don't worry about it, no harm done. I wouldn't be stupid enough to ever post the actual episodes haha.
thanks for the contribution LukeS7..
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Thanks a lot LukeS7. I just started the process of putting this together myself when I stumbled across your thread. You saved me much time and effort!
(2012-04-02, 20:33)liriel Wrote: Thanks a lot LukeS7. I just started the process of putting this together myself when I stumbled across your thread. You saved me much time and effort!

No problem, apparently they're going into talks amongst staff at TheTVDB to redefine their rules for a sequel vs a new series, so this might not be necessary (I hope they switch it) but most likely they'll still be needed.
Thanks for putting together that guide, LukeS7. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it, myself included.

I visited thetvdb forums for the first time a few weeks ago when I noticed The Legend of Korra listed as season 4 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Searching the forums turned up post after post (mostly from one moderator) of condescending, mean-spirited replies to completely harmless questions and suggestions from forum members. It was so over-the-top and bizarre, I've had a bad mental association with the site since.
I can guess which moderator that was, I've had the same experience.
(2012-04-05, 04:20)_matt_ Wrote: Thanks for putting together that guide, LukeS7. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it, myself included.

I visited thetvdb forums for the first time a few weeks ago when I noticed The Legend of Korra listed as season 4 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Searching the forums turned up post after post (mostly from one moderator) of condescending, mean-spirited replies to completely harmless questions and suggestions from forum members. It was so over-the-top and bizarre, I've had a bad mental association with the site since.

I know, it's ridiculous how the users are treated.
You are a fantastic human being! thank you so much!
I'm having a problem though.... it wont scan to the library properly! I've removed it and rescaned several times, no luck Sad
(2012-04-07, 22:00)Bankin Wrote: I'm having a problem though.... it wont scan to the library properly! I've removed it and rescaned several times, no luck Sad

Did you make sure your episode files exactly match the names of the .tbn and .nfo files? (also, if it's only the banner that's not loading, you can just manually change it through XBMC), if it's neither of those, just let me know what's happening with it. Oh and by the way, even though it doesn't go through TheTVDB, you still have to set the content of the folder to "TV Show" and select TheTVDB scraper, it gets the information from the .nfo files though.
yeah I renamed the tbh and nfo files to match what I had for my show filename

what seems to be happening is that its downloading TV show information infinitely.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra2