Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
Still having the same problem.

XBMC has been saying "downloading tv show information scanning for new content" for the entire night! super frustrating, as it wont scan any of my new stuff. Any ideas why this is happening?
(2012-04-09, 20:14)Bankin Wrote: Still having the same problem.

XBMC has been saying "downloading tv show information scanning for new content" for the entire night! super frustrating, as it wont scan any of my new stuff. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm sorry but I honestly have no idea since they seem to have successfully worked for everyone else and I am new to doing .nfo files, just ou of curiosity, did were the shows in your library before? Of so delete the old entries and then rescan, scanning shouldn't take nearly that long so if it lasts more than a few minutes just end the scan. If anybody else reads this post and knows a possible solution please post it.
(2012-04-09, 20:14)Bankin Wrote: Still having the same problem.

I had the same problem, try renaming the video files to something else.
In my case I renamed "legend.of.korra.s01e02.720p.webrip-sozin.mp4" to "s01e02.mp4" (and also renamed the .tbn and .nfo files according to LukeS7's instructions). After a rescan it finished scanning succesfully.

These issues probably occur because the video files were already added to the library before (in my case under another Show).

Thanks LukeS7 for the files! I also don't understand the moderators at thetvdb..
I tried, no luck :/

I had to cave and just rename it to make it seem like avatar season 4.... something I'm REALLY not happy about but I suppose I'll live. I figure I'll just try again when the series is over!
(2012-04-10, 19:47)Bankin Wrote: I tried, no luck :/

I had to cave and just rename it to make it seem like avatar season 4.... something I'm REALLY not happy about but I suppose I'll live. I figure I'll just try again when the series is over!

Last thing I can think of would be checking your folder structure, should be as follows:

[Your video folder]
|
-> [The Legend of Korra]
|
->tvshow.nfo
->season01.tbn
->season-all.tbn
|
->[Season 1]
|
-> S01E01.avi
-> S01E01.tbn
-> S01E01.nfo

(also, you could try renaming the folder that the videos are in, it's most likely an issue with those files already being scanned in from that location, to fix this, you can either rename the folder or instead of just deleting Avatar: The Last Airbender from XBMC you need to actually go into the "files" view and switch the content type to none and hit OK, then after the library updates for that change, switch the content type back to TV Shows)
(2012-04-05, 06:08)sialivi Wrote: I can guess which moderator that was, I've had the same experience.

Yup, me too. I got so tired of the way he treats other participants (and the way he is *allowed* to do it) that I stopped going to the forums. I'm involved with tvdb now only to update shows I watch. If I run into any kind of problem or issue I just don't bother. Too bad one bad apple over there makes it so hard for the community to be truly involved in the project.
(2012-04-16, 20:08)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 06:08)sialivi Wrote: I can guess which moderator that was, I've had the same experience.

Yup, me too. I got so tired of the way he treats other participants (and the way he is *allowed* to do it) that I stopped going to the forums. I'm involved with tvdb now only to update shows I watch. If I run into any kind of problem or issue I just don't bother. Too bad one bad apple over there makes it so hard for the community to be truly involved in the project.

Unfortunately, there's more than one, he's just the main one.
FINALLY got a polite response and have an ongoing dialogue with one of the moderators. May be able to get the decision overturned, while unlikely and a huge mountain to climb, I think I can do it. having the official press release from Nickelodeon will hopefully help immensely: http://biz.viacom.com/sites/nickelodeonp...ItemID=625
Good luck.

I'm just glad that Korra is even better than I hoped it would be. Won't bother me at all to deal with adding it manually to my XBMC library. Smile
(2012-04-18, 05:18)_matt_ Wrote: Good luck.

I'm just glad that Korra is even better than I hoped it would be. Won't bother me at all to deal with adding it manually to my XBMC library. Smile

It's just slightly annoying to have to create a .nfo file every week for the new episode
THIS THREAD WILL NOW BE DISCONTINUED

TheTVDB has reversed their decision regarding the merging of these 2 shows.
Huzzah! Thanks for making the case, LukeS7!
(2012-04-18, 23:01)_matt_ Wrote: Huzzah! Thanks for making the case, LukeS7!

No problem, apparently my post helped when they were discussing the info Big Grin
Thanks Luke. Your advocacy and patience over at TheTVDB is much appreciated. Finally, I can add Korra back to my Sickbeard list.
(2012-04-19, 18:45)liriel Wrote: Thanks Luke. Your advocacy and patience over at TheTVDB is much appreciated. Finally, I can add Korra back to my Sickbeard list.

No problem Big Grin I can be a bit of a pain in the ass when I know something is wrong and think it should be changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra2