OS X Volume of music not constant
Hello,

when playing music in XBMC Eden, I don't get constant audio levels. This is especially hearable when there are vocals while beats kick in or other instruments are present. The volume level of the vocals jumps up and down as the instruments come and go...

I've downloaded XBMC 9.11 from SF and it doesn't have this problem. Couldn't find a download link for Dharma, but I think I would have noticed this behaviour if it was already present in this version.

Are there new (hidden) settings that might result in this behaviour? Somewhere in the advancedsettings.xml oder guisettings.xml? I've tried all kinds of settings, but nothing helped (or I've skipped the correct setting... Wink ).

I've tested this on 3 different Macs (2009 MacBook Pro, 2007 Mac mini and 2011 MacBook Pro). Internal speakers on the MacBooks, analog and optical out on the Mac mini. All Macs with Mac OS X Lion. The problem only occurs on Eden. Camelot works fine.

If you need logs, please let me know Smile

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

clep
I was able to narrow the whole thing down a bit. The problem didn't exist until XBMC Eden Beta 3. But since Eden RC1 the music in general seems to be louder, but when it gets "too loud" (volume level in XBMC doesn't have to do anything with it) it sounds like DRC or on-the-fly-normalization. This is extremely audible when someone sings to a "hard beat" / guitars / drums etc. All tested with clean installs of XBMC and no config changes.

If anyone needs a good example file, please PM me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume of music not constant0