repeat button for video?
dont know if this was allready asked, but would be nice to have repeat one - all & random buttons found for audio also for video. maybe not many use it, but sometimes you have a couple of songs from a show. that way you wouldnt have to select each and every one if want see em all. thats my suggestion, nice piece of app you have here, somking one.
in the "Now Playing" section that feature is already available
cant find it..have eden, but only thing i found is stack under misc, at the left in the confluence menu, not now playing.
where do you see it? center-right bottom? top?
What's all this then?
Right where I said.

To get to the Now Playing area:
Have at least 1 movie Queued.
Bring Up The Context Menu
At The Bottom Should Be "Now Playing"
This is one of the things XBMC fails to do efficiently. Why are the options for music and video so different.

Repeat is found in to the music player controls but with video it's in the 'Now Playing' screen.
Setting up music scrapers is under System Setting > Audio but with video it's under the files list.
Video scanning shows a dialog but music scanning does not.
Video scraping asks user to ignore .nfo if found when refreshing but music scraping doesn't.

I can go on but that would takes things way off-topic.

didnt know the part of the secondary mouse button to get there. thnx!
It's all skinnable. Make it better and patches will be considered.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-03, 05:57)jmarshall Wrote: It's all skinnable.

It is but the fact of the matter is core functionality is vastly different when comparing music and video. Skinning only goes so far and, to my knowledge, there isn't a way skinning-wise to change some of the differences I mentioned.

(2012-04-03, 05:57)jmarshall Wrote: Make it better and patches will be considered.

I would love to but I simply don't have the time. I would imagine it's not as simple as throwing up a patch. I haven't had a chance to look at the code; but, going from past experience with programming projects of this size and knowing that it's changing core functions, it's not a weekend project.

I have learned to live with the eccentricities that come with XBMC. I only mentioned those things as I've always found it odd that, like I said before, the functionality of the two categories is so different. I would think, for simplicity sake, they would be the same. It's almost as if those two categories were coded by two different people taking different approaches to the achieve the same goal. I actually think setting up scrapers works better in the system setting ala Music and, given the time, I would go even further and separate TV and Movies into their own individual categories under Settings but that's my opinion.
but it wont repeat "all". for what i get right now it just repeats the same file over and over, not every in the folder. do you people get it right?
I kinda feel the same way. I think having "repeat" more easily findable in Confluence is a must.

EDIT: Repeat and shuffle, that is. If only because if you ever turn it on by accident, it will drive you mad trying to find it to turn it off :D

Though outside of that reason, I do think having Repeat and Shuffle more visible (especially since we can play from a folder/directory/season/etc) would be a big plus.
(2012-04-03, 04:57)Sranshaft Wrote: Video scanning shows a dialog but music scanning does not.

It does actually -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My mistake, I must have set it to update in the background using the AdvancedSettings file and completely forgot about it. The rest of my points are still valid though.
(2012-04-05, 11:29)ezyrdr Wrote: but it wont repeat "all". for what i get right now it just repeats the same file over and over, not every in the folder. do you people get it right?

it will reapeat "all" of your queue.. you can right click on videos to "add to queue" to create ur playlist, then the repeat function will work for the items you selected.

the repeat function also works with any playlist files.. such as pls / m3u
isamu.dragon: thanks! i've been digging and found your post helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
repeat button for video?0