Adding and Scraping Music Videos?
Hello,

I am trying to add music videos to my library and am having a load of trouble. I am using Dharma. Selected Videos--->Files--->Add source--->Windows Network SMB. I set content to music videos and highlight "Yahoo Music Videos". Each of my files has a homemade nfo file as such:

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like A Knife.nfo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>Cuts Like A Knife</title>
<artist>Bryan Adams</artist>
<album>Cuts Like A Knife</album>
<genre>Pop</genre>
<runtime>3:50</runtime>
<year>1983</year>
</musicvideo>

The problem is that XBMC doesn't seem to be using the nfo files that I have. It keeps going out and trying to find information on the files at yahoo as can be seen in my XBMC.log file: http://pastebin.com/Mxs70JxC

The Wiki says something about this: /system/scrapers/video/musicvideos.xml ( I could not find it)

It also says: The MTV scraper no longer works but you need it for scraping music video nfo files. This is the current workaround: Find your userdata folder (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_Directory), open the Database folder and move or rename Addons.db. Start XBMC and you should get a prompt to disable the MTV scraper. Answer "No". The MTV scraper won't do anything useful, but this should make your .nfo files work.
(The MTV scraper is not present, or can not be found by me)
It was my understanding that XBMC was supposed to use nfo files first before searching whatever scraper was selected. Is there a problem with music videos in XBMC? Is my nfo file bad? Has anyone got this to work on Dharma that can give me some pointers?

Does XBMC actually support "Music Video" files?

Thanks,
Mark
Bumped this thread to try and get some help or clarification with music videos in XBMC.

Mark
I'd also like to know!
Bumping it as well... Where is the scraper
Yes, Music Videos are supported.

My scraper of choice is RizThon's Last.fm Music Video scraper. As far as I know it's not available in any of the repositories which is a shame, it needs more public awareness.

Once you've scraped the music videos I suggest you create a Smart Playlist with content type set to Music Video and Order By set to Random and you'll have your own music tv channel... one that actually play music videos instead of reality shows Wink
(2012-06-05, 22:46)sialivi Wrote: Yes, Music Videos are supported.

My scraper of choice is RizThon's Last.fm Music Video scraper. As far as I know it's not available in any of the repositories which is a shame, it needs more public awareness.

Once you've scraped the music videos I suggest you create a Smart Playlist with content type set to Music Video and Order By set to Random and you'll have your own music tv channel... one that actually play music videos instead of reality shows Wink

Hey I tried downloading that scraper and it told me it wasn't packaged correctly?

Edit: I figured it out SMH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding and Scraping Music Videos?0