Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System
What an amazing guide! Thanks very much for putting all of this together. I am soon getting ready to build a HTPC and I've been looking for ages for some kind of comprehensive guide to a cheapish solution, and now I have found one. This will be invaluable. Thanks again Big Grin
Any chance of fixing the channel pack on sling? it's giving up a 502 error

EDIT: Hmmm works via JDownloader...go figure.
What is a bumper pack?
*hands Milkman a full years supply of milk*

awesome guide!! Thank you for your effort Smile much appreciated Big Grin
I didnt see it listed in the guide, where do the bumpers go? Also, any chance of getting a re-up of bumprepack2? Thanks Milkman, awesome guide.
yeah maybe i'm blind or just didn't see it in the pdf, but where does the channel setup file go?
Nice Milkman..... you put alot of work into this..... nice PDF file btw!

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/xbmc/x...System.pdf

Maybe ill give it a shot one day!
An impressive guide. Thanks for your work.
excellent work milkman,

i am just about to purchase a HP ProLiant MicroServer but i need digital audio out, whats the best way to do it with this set up?
I freely admit that I am probably missing something obvious here. I apologize for that now, in advance.

I am mostly trying to follow the PseudoTV bits of the guide, when I have the money I'd like to attempt to do a build according to the hardware described within, but until then I'm trying to make do with an older desktop running Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.4 and my iomega 1TB NAS with all my files on it.

I'm not sure if I'm following the PseudoTV Network Manager properly or not. Am I supposed to run the application from a computer with the XBMC profile? Where exactly are these tvshow.nfo stored?

With the old TVTime I used to simply alter everything in XWMM to fit the types of channels I wanted. If a show belonged in RetroTV instead of its usual network I'd edit its studio field in XWMM and be on my way. Not sure if that was good or bad now, but it worked.

Any suggestions pointing out the blindingly obvious in where I am doing it wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

PS: reposting this in the PseudoTV thread in hopes of getting more attention there.
(2012-05-14, 05:57)bornagainpengui Wrote: PS: reposting this in the PseudoTV thread in hopes of getting more attention there.

good idea, Milkman joined and made 3 posts the same day and hasnt been on since.

(2012-05-14, 23:51)bricktop Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 05:57)bornagainpengui Wrote: PS: reposting this in the PseudoTV thread in hopes of getting more attention there.

good idea, Milkman joined and made 3 posts the same day and hasnt been on since.

That's too bad, cause his guide is great, albeit with a few things that I could use some clarification on. Of course I'm coming at it from the perspective of someone who is already somewhat familiar with XBMC and the guide is written for the complete newbie. If I were doing everything according to the guide instead of using it as a jumping off point, probably I'd not be having an issues.
seams like bumper pack 2 is offline :/
Hi there all,

Just a quick question. I am following this guide and I cant get it to recognise any of my other drives other than the 250GB I installed the OS on.

Any ideas?
Are they partitioned and formatted? If they are a brand new hard drive they probably aren't partitioned in which case Windows will not recognize them.

Here's a quick guide I found via google how to partition a new drive

Of course, if it's an old drive, already partitioned and formatted then, my post was pretty useless and I'm sorry! ;-)

Also, if they are really large drives, like terabyte drives, then you may need to make sure your bios has those enabled and any necessary drivers are installed for them to be recognized.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkman's Guide to the Ultimate Media System4