XBMC Audio Settings
Is there a way to control XBMC 11.0 Audio settings through FFD Show ?
Reason for Asking .

If i Set my HDMI out as 7.1 i cannot use upmixing effects on my Denon 1912 reciver. If I Set HDMI to 2.0 it works .
But What about Multi channel AAC , and others like FLAC audio these will go out a Stereo too.

Trying to get best of both worlds.
Here is what I do without XBMC (Which I dont want to use ...want to only stick to XBMC only)

for mp3s:
setup a optical cable from onboard sound card to receiver
mux the hdmi input from gpu with this optical in - both into a single input (you can do it in input setup of receiver)
--> see attached software settings for sound and winamp <---
in the receiver:
switch on restorer (mode3 HQ) on receiver for optical stereo input
switch on PL-II music upmixing for optical stereo input - upmix from 2ch to 7.1

for stereo and multichannel movies:
always set the denon avr as the default audio device in windows
--> see attached software settings for sound, media player classic, and ffdshow <--- (Couldn't attach)
in the receiver:
whenver you see stereo Dolby or DTS - upmix from 2ch to 7.1 using PL -II cinema
whenver you see 5.1 Dolby or DTS - upmix from 5.1ch to 7.1 using PL -II cinema
you just need to choose the upmix options once and your receiver will remember them
Use Wasapi and what you want works. You can set your Windows settings and XBMC's both to 7.1 and stereo will only be sent as stereo, 5.1 as 5.1 etc.

If you use DirectSound it's whatever Windows wants.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Why not configures W7 and XBMC for bitstreaming everything to AVR? If you like how MPC-HC handles audio, you can configure MPC-HC as XBMC external player.....you can find the guide in my signature!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Audio Settings0