Way of exporting library to another computer on the same local network?
I have all of my stuff set up on 11.0. On my same network, my roommate is going to install XBMC on his computer. Thing was, when I scraped all of my movies, I had to go back and rescrap a bunch of movies by hand because of file names being off. Any way I can export my library on his to save that problem and having to do allllll of that work all over again?

Thing is, since he's on a different computer accessing my local files on my computer, the directories will be different as on my computer, for example, one of my directories may look like F:\Movies\500 Days of Summer\500.Days.of.Summer.2010.mkv
Export to a single folder structure. It exports all the thumbs as well as an XML file containing all the info.

Then "just" run through the XML file and change all the paths to the new ones (Find and Replace). There'll be a few at the end you need to mess around with as well, but for the most part it should be nice and quick if you don't have rar files.

The alternate (which I personally don't recommend, but others love) is to export to single files - this puts nfo/art alongside your media files, so just rescanning will automatically use the information rather than the scrapers. I don't like it because it could (in the future) leave you with stale information - may not be an issue for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

But, I want his XBMC to be able to find new files in my source folders. How can I set that up AND import the XML or NFO files and not end up with duplicates?
He'd have to scan as well, assuming you don't want a shared database (another thing I don't personally recommend, but others work with no problem).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way of exporting library to another computer on the same local network?0