Scraping Issue
I'm new to forums, apologies if this post is in the wrong place!

As the title suggests, I have a scraping issue whereby TV shows are not being scrapped at all. I have re-installed XBMC maybe 8/9 times over the weekend, yet I get the same result each time: I add the source through videos--> add source --> TV Shows, set the content to TV shows, and the scraper does not scrape anything. I have confirmed the path is correct as when I click on Videos --> TV shows, it shows me all the folders they should be scraping.

I think I have a scarping problem in general, as I added a few new movies to the NAS last night, but they were not scraped either. However being a complete noob to XBMC, its prob best to take one issue at a time!

My debug log: http://pastebin.com/dU2cBaDf

In an attempt to try and learn to fix the problem myself, I think the issue can be resolved through re-setting the database, but I would appreciate it if someone could explain why this would work: rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db

I think this is the solution as under Settings --> Skin --> Home Menu, I can hide Movies from showing in the menu, but I the option to hide TV Shows (despite setting the source up, labelling as TV Shows and setting content as TV Shows) is greyed out.

Thank you for you help!
Gary
Yes, your database is corrupt.

Try for a start just deleting the highest version MyVideos60.db I think it is. That way you hopefully won't lose data (assuming there's a previous one there).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for such a quick reply!

I was surprised that there could be more than one version of a database on XBMC, I would have thought that a new install would overwrite all others, ensuring that there is only ever one instance / version?

How can I determine the number of dbases I have, and is it the case that the dbase version being used is always the highest version? Being a purest, my automatic reaction would be to delete not only the previous dbase that’s there, but any others before it also, leaving just the main one to be used.

Thank you for your help!
Gary
Yes, when XBMC updates the database to a new version it copies the existing one (a lower number) and then updates it. This is so you can roll back without losing your library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Makes perfect sense. Will try tonight.

Thanks for your help Jonathan!
Gary

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Issue0