No audio via HDMI
Hi,

I connected my PC (Nvidia 9400 based board) with a HDMI cable to my TV (Panasonic P42V10) and get no sound. I used the guide from the HowTo section and made the following settings:

Audio Output: Digital
AC3: Off
DTS: Off
Audio Capable Device: plughw:hdmi
Passthrough Output Device: hdmi
Downmix: On

Any help?
I had this exact same problem last night...it was with a different card though. I ended up going to ATI's website and downloading drivers off of their page...it solved all of my problems. Not sure if this will help you or not....just a thought.
Look at the topic I started yesterday.
had the same problem with my Asrock ION 330 attached to my Panasonic Plasma through HDMI.

As you can read I just upgraded the Alsa mixer and everything is working fine now.

To update first press ctrl+alt+f2

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo reboot

And after XBMC is started try it like this:

Audio Output: Digital
AC3: off
DTS: off
Audio output device: plughw:0,3
Custom audio device: hdmi
downmix: on
How can you get terminal to appear if you use XBMCbuntu ?
First time I use XBMCbuntu..:-(
(2012-04-02, 19:18)Scortech Wrote: How can you get terminal to appear if you use XBMCbuntu ?
First time I use XBMCbuntu..:-(

Either SSH into the XBMC PC from another computer using it's IP address, or with a keyboard connected to your XBMC computer, press CTRL + ALT + F2 and log in using the user name and password you create when you were installing it.
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio via HDMI0