Eskro [Micro-ATX] A6-3500 build
FTW mdwexford !!
Ok successfully installed Windows last night. It was my first pc build but it was pretty easy once I took my time and followed the instructions. It booted up first time so I'm pretty happy. I need to do some cable tidying today but that aside its all good.

One problem I'm having is that every so often my tv flickers and then once in a while in goes a kind of green colour. Some setting must be wrong somewhere, anyone any idea what is it?

Also is their any tweaks I can make in the bios screen to make things better, I have set the fan down to level one but is there anything else I should do?

@mdwexford- it looks good and congratulation.......

Aside from set to fan level to level 1, you can select "Cool 'N' Quiet" option in bios too.....are you using the original CPU heatsink/fan? It should be very quiet with these options....

You can update all the drivers for your AsRock MOBO from here- recommend bios 1.70 and other drivers.

You can update the latest AMD 12.4rev driver for your A6 from here "AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver". You can enable DXVA2 use DXVA as render method in XBMC settings/video/playback (you can disable everything else in that page....), and disable "Use fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yep Im using the original heatsink/fan, it was very loud last night before I switched it to level 1 but now its not too bad.

I have downloaded and installed the all in one, the audio, the lan and the vga from the asrock, do I need any more of them?
I think that AMD driver is newer than the one I found, hopefully that will solve the problem, ill report back after I try.

Ill use your other settings also, thanks.

Did I read somewhere I had to change some RAM setting in the bios, maybe I dreamt it Smile
@mdwex-

I'm recommending updating AsRock bios to 1.70 too "1. Update CPU code. 2. Improve USB mouse function.".....

After you install AMD 12.4rev driver, I'm recommending- start off by disable everything in AMD CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback"......
mdwexford,
are you using the stock cooler? how are you finding the noise?
(2012-04-25, 17:52)r1lee Wrote: mdwexford,
are you using the stock cooler? how are you finding the noise?
read his post #19

It's not too bad when set at level 1 r1lee.

Updating those drivers did not help bluray. I even tried another hdmi cable but it happened again.

I took a picture of what I mean.

@mdwexford did you give it 512MB in bios to share to the APU?

how about the latest http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...loads.aspx

AMD Catalyst?

You can choose if you are using 32bit or 64bit....

latest is 12.4
thats so what i was going to reply Beer40 LoL
Where do i do that Beer40oz, cant seem to find it in the bios.

Ill try updating the AMD Catalyst as well.

Appreciating the help.

Just found it, thanks, hope that works
look for something like

SHARED VGA MEMORY
Ok put that up to 512mb tried to watch a show and the screen went the same as before.

Starting to get worried now.
Well if you tried what I asked..... it could be now hardware..... PSU, mother, APU...... ram.....

Test out your RAm with Memtest+86 it can be booted of a USB

I gots to go work.....
do u have another monitor you can hook your HTPC too?

just to see if it acts the same?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eskro [Micro-ATX] A6-3500 build0